“I came from a flower. Where do you came from?” She asked me with head tilted. Her eyes glistened with joy.

“Uhhhh, I came from a tree.” Which is true. I came here from our enchanted tree.

“Cool! We are like sisters now right? Will you stay here with us?” she asked and looked at her mother again.

“Yes. Yes that would be great.” The old lady said.

I just nodded.

We went in a small cozy cottage where everything is blue, green and pink. It was warm inside.

The old lady put us in a dollhouse near the window where everything is real. There was a dinning, a bedroom, a bathroom and everything you might need inside a house.

“Go on and take your baths darlings, I’ll cook a meal so we could eat. I bet Astryd is starving.”

I felt my stomach growl of hunger. Come to think of it I just ate a few bites of lasagna before going in here.

Thumbelina pulled me towards the dollhouse stairs and into the bathroom.

“Go into the showers.” She demanded. I did what she said and took a quick bath. After wrapping myself in a pink warm towel, I was startled because she was outside the shower waiting for me to come out. I bet she haven’t seen any human being her size.

“Let’s go. Let’s get you dress up.” she pulled me into a room with lots of dresses.

I took a green floral dress because I think it was cute. She think so too. She tied my hair neatly too and gave me a pair of flats.

“You look good Astryd.”She complimented me.

“Thank you Thumbelina, So are you.” We both smiled at each other.

“Lunch is ready,” The old lady called us. Thumbelina asked me to help her with the preparation of the table. She was not used to having someone on her own table with her for a long time and she was excited having me.

The old woman pulled the dining room, yeah all of it, and placed it on the dining table her own size. She carefully put some food into our plates, which smelled delicious.

We said our thanks and dug in the meal. I was never that hungry my entire life. I ate maybe four servings of the sweet food the old lady prepared. They were very happy having.

When we finished eating, Thumbelina stacked the used utensils and the old lady got it to be washed.

Thumbelina and I got outside the house and played all day with the animals they had in the small farm. I actually enjoyed every single minute of it.

Then at night the old lady kissed us goodnight and told us a bedtime story. She also made me a bed like Thumbelina and put it near Thumbelina’s bed. Our bedroom was girly and everything was pink.

After the story the old lady turn the lights of and before we went to sleep, Thumbelina daydreamed about her own prince, like the old lady told us in her bed time story.

The old lady blew the candle light from the table near our handmade doll house and disappeared through the door.

I was about to sleep when Thumbelina talked.

“Hey, Astryd. Are you up?” She asked in a hushed voice. I didn’t answer, to tell you the truth I wanted to sleep.

“Astryd?” she called me again louder than the first.