Haikyuu - Sick {KinKuniKage OT3} (pt.1)

Start from the beginning

Kunimi and Kindaichi scanned the room when they walked in, taking in the excited buzz from once side of the room to the hushed whispers from the other side. Their eyes eventually found Kageyama, sitting alone, closer the the quieter 3rd years but not involving himself. Both boys from Seijou sighed, not surprised by their old friends antics of wanting to be alone. The slowly walked towards the second year, letting their trays drop onto the table, making a quiet slap sound. Kageyama jumped at the sound and looked at the other 2nd years with wide eyes, he was shocked that they were sitting with him, even moreso to see that they sat on either side of him and not just next to each other.

"Im only here because Kunimi didn't want to talk to anyone, so dont take this the wrong way" Kindaichi stated gruffly. Tobio nodded and continued to eat in silence. His movements were slow, he was eating at an unrushed paced, gulping his food in peace, the two boys beside him in a similar state. He finshed eating before the other two and softly exused himself.

"It's almost time for warmups, I'll see you two on the court later", with that Kageyama left to put is tray away and headed out the cafetaria, Ennoshita calling the Karasuno team soon after to head to the gym. Soon after that all the teams were spread out in the multiple gyms, warming up for the first day of the training camp.

Spirits were high, teams bristled with excitement for the beginning of a hectic week. For Karasuno, Kageyama was working with Hinata, Tanaka, Narita and another first year called Akihari, this first year was in training to be a potential wing spiker/ace for his upcoming years in this high school. Ennoshita was working with Noya and the other first year with recieving, Kinoshita and Yamaguchi practicing their jump float serves on them and finally Tsukishima and the last of the 4 first years were acting as a block for the wing spikers, not only helping the 3 spikers in improving their power but also helping them get used to different types of spikes.

Karasuno was a forced to be reckoned with now. Obviously they weren't the same as last year, no one could replace Daichi, Suga and Asahi, but that doesnt mean they havent gotten strong in other ways. Their defense had a massive gap in the beginning when Daichi left, but Ennoshita stepped up to the plate and soon closed that gap they had, through intense training as a team and individually they were much stronger than they seemed.

That doesnt mean the other teams have weakend though. Nekoman still had Lev, the annoying tall blocker, their now 2nd year libro, Yūki Shibayama, took over Yaku's spot, not allowing a gap to be made in their defense and Inuoka, another middle blocker/wing spiker, was still there, making life difficult for everyone else.

Fukurodani had also gained many strong new players. Although they had to adjust the most since most of their starters were 3rd years last year, they are still as strong as ever. Akaashi didn't allow his team to slack off. He kept them together and made them work well. Similiar to Oikawa, he managed to bring the best out of his team.

And finally Aoba Johsai, a school Karasuno struggled with anyways, they were strong. Sure they didn't have Oikawa or Iwaizumi anymore, but their players made up for it. Yahaba as a setter didn't effect the team much, they were used to him already, Oikawa got injured a lot so the team worked effortlessly with him. Mad-dog, Kentaro Kyotani, fit in well too, he became their official ace, him and Yahaba worked together so well it was captivating. Watari their libro was as strong and quick as ever too. Kindaichi and Kunimi also being the strongest they've been.

All teams at the training camp were now considered powerhouse schools. So this would be an grueling and intense few days for everyone.

Warm-ups were done, and the camp officially started. Karasuno were up against Fukurodani first. They were doing matches set by set first, instead of their usual 3 sets, easing their way into the camp. Karasuno now lacked setters as Sugawara-san was gone, Kageyama was the only one left. He was in the mids of training one of their first years though. The first year showed potential, he was analytical, he could think fast and he knew how to set, the only thing we lacked was efficiency and and success rates with the sets he does know. So Kageyama knew that this camp would be the perfect opportunity to help said first year grow.