18: The Beginning (END)

Prompto breathes in a deep inhale as he faces the door to the outside world. On the other side of this door is a party, where people are mingling and eating and discussing the Prince, as he is the main subject of today. For some reason Prompto is even more nervous to go out there than before, and it may have something to do with the fact that he isn't going out there alone. Instead, he has the Prince holding onto his hand. Not as a friend, but this time as his lover. Prompto swallows and finds his heart flutters at just the thought of him and Noctis being official. 

After they had made love in the music room, they quickly showered and made a hasty escape towards the actual party. Both of them had been gone far too long, especially Prompto who was only meant to be having a quick wardrobe change. Noctis squeezes Prompto's hand gently and the blond looks up to face him with nervous eyes.

"You okay?" He asks with concern, and Prompto feels his lips twist into a smile at how Noctis cares for him. It's an invigorating feeling, and if it weren't for the constant swarm of nauseous butterflies, he would have forced open the doors and greeted the world without any hesitation. The only reason he is hesitating now is because he feels so embarrassed with what happened last time he was out there with everyone. Getting pushed into a fountain doesn't exactly bring a smile to Prompto's face.

"Yeah, I'm cool," Prompto puffs out as he catches his breath. What's worse in this situation is that he can feel his insides cramping from the expression of love he and Noctis participated in. Prompto isn't sure whether to thank Noctis or curse him from all the feelings he's caused, but right now that isn't the main focus. It's what's on the other side of the door. 

Noctis holds Prompto close and when Prompto glances up to ask what he's doing, Noctis kisses him deeply, cupping Prompto's cheeks and pouring all of his strength into the blond. When they pull apart, they're both blushing immensely, but a new spark glows within Prompto's chest. He isn't alone anymore. He has Noctis to help him, to guide him and with him by the blond's side, anything is possible.

"How about now?" Noctis smirks and nudges Prompto's side playfully. The freckled man laughs and nudges Noctis back before gripping the door handle.

"Much better," He grins widely and pulls the doors to the garden wide open.

"Ah! Perfect timing!" King Regis claps his hands together as the two make an appearance. "We were just about to do cake!"

Noctis rolls his eyes as Prompto pushes the mighty Prince forward to conquer the bounty of candles placed onto the massive chocolate and vanilla iced cake. Prompto feels his stomach growl at the sight of it. It's been ages since he allowed himself a piece of cake. Everyone gathers around the table where the cake is being held, and Prompto quickly scrambles to adjust his camera lenses. If Noctis is about to blow out the candles then he needs to get a good shot of him! He carefully angles the device and stands a certain distance away. He manages to get the cake and Noctis in frame before he snaps one of Noctis smiling at the cake in front of him. 

Then came the song. Everyone sung Happy Birthday to the Prince with pride and Noctis was more than thrilled to blow out the candles. Prompto caught photos of every single action the Prince did, and when Prompto looks back on the images he took, his heart skips a beat as he sees that in the last shot, Noctis is looking directly at the camera, directly at him. He's smiling, and Prompto has never seen Noctis this happy before. He finds himself smiling lightly at the photo and makes a note to save that to his personal hard drive. 

"Hey, Prompto, that's an amazing shot!" Luna gasps as she peers over Prompto's shoulder. 

"I feel like I could have zoomed in a little more," Prompto hums in thought. He holds the device out to allow Luna a better view of the image and Luna frowns as she studies hard.