"A few privileges? You took away my rights! I can't even go to the corner store without having someone with me at all times. I'm a prisoner."

My father let out another chuckle, this one more humorous than the last. "A prisoner with a million-dollar roof over his head. Listen to how you sound. You hear this boy Harry?"

Harry didn't answer and instead just shook his head. I gasped at him as my father made his way over to me at his desk placing his half-drunken glass in front of me. "Hopefully by the time I come back from this meeting your attitude has simmered down, and you can talk to me like an adult and not like a child."

"Will you let me see Asher if I do?" I questioned him, already knowing the answer, but I asked anyway just to piss him off.

"Not even on my deathbed would I allow that," My father's eyes locked with mine for a moment before he quickly downed the rest of his drink, exhaling a breath right after. He shot Harry a knowing look and Harry knowingly grabbed my father's coat from the coatrack and placed it on him. "You may not understand what I'm doing for you now, but in the future, you'll see that everything I've done for you was for a reason. I only want the best for you, Liam, honestly." His eyes softened a bit and for a moment he actually looks like my father again, but then he blinked and started to make his way outside the office, Harry trailing behind him.

"I'll be back soon." He sighed, closing the door behind himself. I stood there with my arms folded, head shaking in disappointment.

I could hear the locks of the door turning from the other side. I ran to the door handle, quickly trying to yank it open. "You can't keep me locked away like some prisoner!" I banged against the door yelling. I banged and banged until my fist had reddened and my throat dried.

I didn't realize I was crying until I looked down at my tear-stained khakis. As much as I tried to hold it in, the sorrow came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling one after another, without a sign of stopping. I hit the wall and tried to scream, but my voice was melted by the sound of the four walls of the office.

I buried my knees in my chest and rested my chin on my knees, my back up against the door. A shudder ran through me. Trapped. I was trapped. I was confined within the walls of this room. I felt claustrophobic. There's nothing in this tiny room but my heartbeat and soft cries.

"Ugh, you gotta stop crying all the time. My face is gonna be so red and puffy after this." I told myself, fanning away my tears. I thought back to when Asher made me cry in middle school after pushing me into some bushes. He said I had the same crying face like Kim Kardashian.

He's such an asshole. I miss him.

Suddenly, a soft humming sounded off from outside and I immediately snapped out of my thoughts and got up from the floor. With my brows raised, I pressed an ear against the door to get a better listen. It was silent for a moment but then the humming started back up again and this time a little louder than before. At first, I thought it was Asher coming to rescue me and put me of my misery, but then I remembered Asher wouldn't even be allowed 300 meters from the company let alone manage to get inside.

That's when I realized the humming was indeed coming from someone with a deep voice but not as deep and smooth as Ashers. It wasn't long before I realized there were humming a song in Spanish. I understood it, thankfully, but who the hell is up here when my father isn't even here? The top floor is strictly reserved for the CEO and family members only. Not even the staff is allowed up here without permission.

"Quién está ahí," Who's there?  My pronunciation is a little rusty, but I spoke loud enough that I'm sure whoever was on the other end of the door heard me no problem.