III: Britain - A New World

Aya's eyes greeted the old woman's calm ones. The old woman bowed, which Aya followed.

"I am Lady Cesira Steinfeld," the woman greeted, "and you must be Ayako Yamaguchi. Your father sent me letters a week ago about you. It's nice to see a wonderful daughter of his staying in London for her education."

"Nice to meet you too, Lady Cesira," Aya wandered her eyes around the unfamiliar place, "this must be London."

"Indeed, but there are other places other than London. We are here in Southampton. We need to take a train to go to the capital. My daughter lived in Devonshire because she loves the coast and is the Steinfeld's main home, while my husband and I lived in a manor in Buckingham, which is where you will go today."

Aya followed Cesira to the carriage. She led her a hand to hop into the vehicle. The coach closed the car, and he went to the back. The carriage moved when the driver whipped the horse. While they were inside, Aya used their journey time from the port to the train station to view the buildings around them. She saw various shops and museums before they managed to reach their destination.

"Since Buckingham is very far from Southampton, we will take the steam train," Cesira explained.

"But how about my suitcases?" Aya asked.

"Because of our status in society, there'll always be someone who will help us." Aya saw her suitcases carried by a few men. Seeing them helping made her desire to pay them back for offering help, but she thought that Cesira would refuse to let her. This changed when Cesira gave them money for their lunch - showing her kind personality that Aya had too.

They went to the train, to the cabin where only the rich would access. It was a very long train ride through the empty rural fields that Cesira ordered cups of tea to enjoy while Aya enjoyed sightseeing the plains and nature around the new country. The old woman just observed the enthusiastic young lady, remembering the days when she first came to Britain.

Three hours past and they finally stopped at the destination. When they first went out of the train, they were greeted by a French woman in a dark blue long gown. Her hair was platinum blonde with white strands, but her face remained youthful despite small wrinkles beneath her eyes.

"Madame Jeanne Isabella!" Cesira squealed. Her eyes shined to see her again, "thank goodness you are here!"

"Oh, Lady Cesira, you know, as your best friend, I will definitely fetch you." She embraced the old woman. "How is your stay in Southampton? Have you meet the beautiful woman from the East?"

"Yes. There she is." Cesira showed Aya to Jeanne. Aya bowed to Jeanne as a greeting.

"Good afternoon, Madame Jeanne. I am Aya Yamaguchi."

"Aya Yamaguchi. " Jeanne widely smiled. "are you the beloved daughter that a man from Japan always talked about in letters?"

"Yes, she is, Jeanne."

"Oh, goody! I can't wait to show you the large manor that this woman and her husband owned!" Jeanne said excitedly, "I might even introduce you to my beloved husband."

"Introduce her to Mr. Arham in the Steinfeld gathering next week," Cesira told the French, "but first, Aya has to adapt to the new country."