It wasn't long before Mr. Weasley came hurdling down the stairs, one arm in his robes which were definitely on the wrong way.

When the three boys entered the kitchen, Mr. Weasley was searching for a quill while Fred and George sat eating their breakfast in obvious amusement.

"I know there was one here somewhere," Mr. Weasley mumbled under his breath, he was clutching a pad of parchment and a bottle of ink.

"Boys, go sit," Mrs. Weasley came back down the stairs, a half-asleep Ginny in her tow, "I'll make you a plate."

"Aha!" Mr. Weasley declared, triumphantly, going over to the fireplace, "found it, Amos, what were you saying?"

Harry blinked and rubbed his eyes. Amos Diggory's head was floating in the middle of the Weasley's fireplace, speaking at a rapid pace.

"...Muggle neighbors heard banging and shouting so they called... what do you call them? Ah, yes, please-men, Arthur, you gotta get over there. It's a real stroke of luck that I heard about it. I came into the office early this morning to send a few owls and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot setting off... if Rita Skeeter gets a load of this one Arthur..."

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" Mr. Weasley dipped his quill in the ink and prepared to take notes.

"Says he heard an intruder in his yard. Says he was creeping towards his house but was ambushed by his dustbins." Diggory's head rolled his eyes in their sockets.

"What did the dustbins do?" Mr. Weasley was now scribbling frantically.

"Made one hell of a noise and fired rubbish everywhere, as far as I can tell," said Mr. Diggory, "apparently one was still rocketing around when the please-men showed up."

Mr. Weasley groaned.

"Eat now," Mrs. Weasley ordered, shoveling eggs, toast and sausages onto everyone's plates.

Draco turned around and picked up his fork, Harry, however was still intently listening to Mr. Weasley's conversation.

"...I'll bet he leapt out of bed and began jinxing everything in reach out the window," Diggory sighed, "but they'll have a job proving it, there weren't any casualties."

"Alright, I'm off," Mr. Weasley stuffed the parchment into his pocket and dashed out of the kitchen.

"Sorry about this, Molly," Diggory apologized, "bothering you so early and everything... but Arthur's the only one that can get him off, and Mad-Eye was supposed to start his new job today. Why he had to choose last night..."

"Eat your breakfast," Draco elbowed Harry in the side.

"Ouch," Harry glared at the boy but turned around and picked up his fork.

"How're you doing?" Draco turned to face the red headed girl on his other side.

Her head was propped up on her hands and her eyes were still closed.

"Ginny's not a morning person," George laughed, poking his sisters cheek.

"Bugger off," Ginny groaned, swatting at his hand.

Harry could hear Mr. Weasley saying his goodbyes to Bill, Charlie, Percy and Hermione upstairs. It was only a matter of
minutes before he was back in the kitchen, his robes on right and a comb in his hands.

"I'd better hurry, you have a good term," he turned to his wife, "are you going to be alright taking the kids to King's Cross?"

"Yes, yes," Mrs. Weasley fussed over his collar, "I think Sirius and Remus are going to meet us there. We'll be fine, you just go take care of Mad-Eye."

As Mr. Weasley vanishes, Bill and Charlie entered the kitchen.

"Did someone say Mad-Eye?" Bill asked, "what's he up to now?"

"Says someone tried to break into his house last night," Mrs. Weasley ushered her two eldest sons into chairs, sliding plates in front of them.

"Mad-Eye Moody?" George asked, "isn't he that nutter..."

"Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye," Mrs. Weasley chided.

"Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs doesn't he," Fred whispered as Mrs. Weasley left the room, "birds of a feather..."

>•<

It was a quarter to ten when three muggle-taxis showed up in front of the Burrow.

"Arthur tried to borrow Ministry cars for us," Mrs. Weasley whispered to Draco, "but they didn't have any to spare... oh they don't seem too happy do they?"

They watched as the taxi-drivers loaded six, very heavy Hogwarts trunks into their cars. They looked less than pleased handling the cages of the animals.

"I'm sure they're fine," Draco lied.

The journey was uncomfortable, Fred, George, Ginny and Draco were all shoved into one car. Harry, Ron and Hermione were in another and Bill, Charlie and Mrs. Weasley were in the last one.

They were all very relieved to get out of the cars at King's Cross. The rain was coming down harder than ever as they unloaded their trunks and shoved them onto trolleys.

Sirius and Remus approached them as they crossed the barrier onto the platform.

"Thought we'd see you off," Sirius smiled and hugged both boys.

"We'll help you with your trunks," Remus said.

They all got onto the train, found seats and stowed their luggage before hopping off to say their goodbyes.

"I might be seeing you all sooner than you think," Charlie said as he gave Ginny a hug.

"Why?" Said Fred keenly.

"You'll see," Charlie shrugged, "just don't tell Percy I said anything, it's classified information until the Ministry releases it."

"Yeah, I sorta wish I was back at Hogwarts this year," Bill said with his hands in his pockets. He was looking long fully at the scarlet train.

"Why?" Said George impatiently.

"You're going to have a interesting year," Bill's eyes twinkled, "I might even take some time off work to watch a bit of it."

"A bit of what?" Ron crossed his arms.

But at that moment the whistle blew and Mrs. Weasley ushered them towards the train.

"Have a good term!" Remus called.

"Yeah, we cant wait for Hogsmeade trips!" Sirius winked.

"Thanks for everything, Molly!" Draco called as he got on the train.

"Yeah, thanks Mrs. Weasley!" Harry waved.

"Thank you!" Hermione smiled.

"Oh, it was my pleasure, dears!" Mrs. Weasley smiled.

With one last look at the platform, Draco made his way towards his compartment, waving out of the window as the train began to move.