Driving Home

Natasha let out a blood curdling scream as Tony pounded Bucky in the head. Tony raised a knife and Natasha dove towards him. Loki jumped out of the car and tried to hold her back, but she wriggled free. She ran across the parking lot that had become the war zone of the rumble. Many of the pairs had stopped fighting to gawk at her and the car full of everyone who was supposed to be far away from any of this. She ran to Tony and grabbed his arm on the way down before he could stab Bucky. "Natasha?!"

Tony looked startled at first, but his expression quickly turned to rage. "What are you doing? Get out of my way!"

"No, Tony. This is not you. I know you. You wouldn't kill an innocent man! He's lost people too." Tony's expression faltered for a moment, but it didn't last long. He quickly pushed Natasha off balance and started shouting again. "I'm tired of your bullshit, Natasha! I'm tired of you pretending to be on our side."

"On your side? Tony, I shouldn't have to choose!"
"Alright well while you're busy deciding who to fight for, I'm going to protect you from getting your heart broken!"

Tony raised his hand again, but Natasha was too quick. She knocked him down and clobbered his head with her fist. He went limp and slumped onto the ground next to an unconscious Bucky. Natasha's breathing was heavy and she was not proud of what she'd just done. She turned around to find all the members of both sides watching her. "Anyone else," she asked firmly.

Before anyone could answer, the sound of sirens interrupted the silence that had fallen over the parking lot. In the distance, flashing lights became visible. Red, white, and blue. "COPS," shouted Sam. "We need to get outta here now," said Hela. The groups began to scatter. Everyone called on their friends to help the fallen ones as fast as possible. Loki ran out of the car to Thor where he lay below Hela. She just looked down on him and ran back to her car. "Hey, Peg! Virginia! Sam! Little help," called Natasha. Virginia and Peggy ran out of the car to Steve and Tony and dragged them to Loki's car. Sam went to take Bucky from Natasha. "Get him to the car, and wait for me," she said to him. Sam nodded as Natasha went off to help a struggling Loki get Thor back to his car.

Loki thanked Natasha and drove off in his car. Virginia and Rhodey went with Tony. Wanda drove an unconscious Vision out of the lot with a horrified expression on her face. T'challa drove off alone and Hela and Clint left together. Natasha was then left in the parking lot with Bucky's car being the last one there. "Natasha! You coming," shouted Sam from the car. "We need to leave. I don't know how long these two will hold out and the cops are almost here," shouted Peggy as she strapped an unconscious Steve into the back. Natasha ran into the driver's seat with Bucky strapped in the passenger seat and Steve, Peggy, and Sam in the back.

She put the pedal to the floor, narrowly beating the cops. They began to chase her, but Natasha had been friends with Clint. She'd had her fair share of races when she was young. She was not much faster than the cops, but she was craftier. Much to the screaming of her conscious passengers, she drove through alleyways and onto side streets. As a result, she lost the cops pretty quickly. Only when she lost them did she realize she did not know where to go. "Guys," she started. "Where do I go? We can't take them to the hospital. We'd have to explain the... situation." I'll direct you to Bucky's place. His mom will understand," said Sam surely. Natasha looked at him uncertainly, but his expression remained placid. "Just go. She'll understand. Left up here." Natasha did as she was told and looked over at Bucky. Blood was still flowing down the side of his head slowly. Some of it was beginning to dry. He looked so innocent. Like a little boy who'd gotten caught in a fight by accident. Natasha then realized that was exactly what he was. Just a kid who was defending his friends and was too dumb to run from a fight. She looked back and saw Peggy placing a hand to Steve's head. She then turned back and watched Bucky's head bob as she turned the car. A singular tear escaped her eye. She then bit her lip and hoped to God this would all be over soon and she could say what she never got to.