The Threat

Bucky flashed Natasha a nervous glance which she returned. Bucky gulped before he nodded. They knew they'd been caught. No point in trying to hide now. The two of them climbed out of the car. Tony was parked in the spot across the parking lot from them. He was with Vis, Rhodey, and T'challa. They sat in the back of the car while Tony got out and walked toward Bucky and Natasha. "Oh hello again, Barnes. Natasha." he said her name in the firm monotone he used only when he was very displeased. "Hey, Anthony. Listen, I'm really not in the mood to fight right now," he started, but Tony cut him off. "I don't really give a shit about what you think."

"Don't be a candyass, Tones. He was just getting me lunch to apologize for the mess you caused. Now kiss off and leave us alone," said Natasha, her voice raising. Tony looked at her, astonished that she stood up for herself and Bucky. "Okay, Nat. You're really starting to piss me off."

"That was the plan."

"This really isn't your fight," said Tony with an exasperated sigh. Natasha's nostrils flared. "Of course it is! This whole thing is about whether or not I can even talk to Jame- Bucky! Do you even hear yourself? You're not my dad, and you don't own me!" Tony chuckled a little bit. "This isn't about whether you can see him or not! It's about the fact that Barnes here doesn't know his place and I'm determined to help him find it."

Bucky glared at Tony. "My place? Meaning away from you and all your Soc friends," he said sarcastically. Tony scoffed. "Well yes, that would be ideal. You're a Greaser skuzz. All you guys are ever doing is causing trouble and hurting people. I'd rather not have you hurt my friends, enough that I'm willing to be a little ambitious about it. Now I'll say it one more time. Stay away from her." Bucky scoffed now. "Are you threatening me, Stark? I may be a lot of things, but everyone knows I ain't a bench racer. Empty threats don't fly with me. You wanna rethink that offer," asked Bucky. He was now very close to Tony's face. Tony was significantly shorter than him, giving him some advantage in that area.

Tony glared back up at him. "Who said the threat was empty," he asked quietly. "You mind telling me what you have in mind," replied Bucky. Tony's eyebrow rose. "Oh maybe a...rumble?" Bucky drew back a step. Rumbles were serious. There was no holding back in the fight. Someone usually got killed. It was more extreme than what Bucky had expected. Tony, however, did not have the qualms that Bucky did. "Yeah a rumble. Let's do it. Tonight at the old lot just past Delmar's. We'll settle this then. Bring the whole crew. Well...see you there," Tony said with a malicious grin as he walked back to his car. Natasha and Bucky glanced at each other. She looked horrified, but they both knew Bucky had already made his choice. There was going to be a rumble. There had to be.