Chapter Eleven

"What the fuck did he do (y/n)?" His anger pulsating off him, you were terrified that if he found out that he would hurt Luke.

His hand stayed on your back, even though you could feel the darkness inside of him growing, he made sure to continue giving you attention and comfort.

"Ben," You are searching for your voice through your tears, you could feel the pain in your face growing, "I have to leave," You dug your face deeper into him, "tonight."

You could feel his grip tighten around you, pulling you into him. He was shuddering, and you could hear him begin to cry. He pulled you onto the ground in front of the door to his hut, wrapping himself around you, placing his head on your shoulder.

At this point you could feel several pairs of eyes watching the two of you as you sat on the ground and cried together. Most people were scared of Ben, but some of them also didn't trust you because of the confrontations that have happened, and the bits of your past that have circulated around the temple.

"We have to move before someone goes and gets Luke."

As soon as you mentioned Luke's name you could feel the darkness consuming Ben, he pushed you off of him and stood up swiftly.

"Ben!" You yell at him, trying to get his attention back on you to no avail, "Ben! Please you can't do this." You reached out and gripped his arm causing him to turn around, his slightly golden eyes meeting yours.

"You have to calm down Ben, you know this isn't going to end well." His eyes still remain on yours, and you can hear the gasps of the surrounding students and they see the golden tinge in his eyes.

"Let me go." His sternness surprises you, but you keep your grip tight with no plans of letting him go easily.

The feeling washed over you quickly - Ben was trying to use the Force to remove his arm from your grip. You put all of your energy into preventing him from moving your hand, you hadn't realized you also let down the gates surrounding your mind.

As soon as you realized it, it was already too late.

"Let go of me now." His voice echoed throughout your head and you tried to pierce through his gates, but they were sealed tightly.

"He deserves whatever I give to him, now let me go."

"Ben," You look into his eyes, allowing yourself to feel every emotion he is feeling at this moment, "I love you."

The tension in your mind eases up, allowing you the capability of shutting the gates and blocking out Ben.

The force pull on your hand has also lessened drastically. You keep your focus on Ben, whose golden eyes were slowly fading back into the beautiful brown color they normally were.

"Ben?"

"I-" He stammered, but he felt the same presence as you did, both of you shifting your focus behind you where Luke was in stride to meet the two of you. Ben quickly shifted his glance to you again, "I'm sorry."

You gave him a swift nod. You wanted to wrap your arms around him, tell him that everything was going to be okay, kiss him again, but it was too late – Luke was already directly in front of you. His eyes never leave Ben.

The light tinge of gold still rimmed his eyes as he migrated his attention to Luke, his eyes widened as he noticed Ben's eyes.

"What is going on?" Luke's voice was stern and you kept your eyes on Ben to ensure he wasn't going to act out.

"You're kicking her out, why?" Ben kept his voice from showing much emotion, though you could feel his anger building back up.

"Ben, you need to calm down." Thankfully he was too distracted to keep you out of his mind, immediately upon hearing your voice, his gaze shifts to you for a few seconds – just long enough for you to notice the color of his eyes.