-different kind of wheels (cooper)

my need of roller skates made me want to write this so bad lmaooo

something that gave me inspo is zelinaonwheels on Instagram! check her out she's super sweet and she's a really good skater <3

(she/her)

---

It was a late afternoon on a Thursday during late spring. Cooper found this time to be perfect to go to the skatepark to practice a few tricks and take time to himself to relax. He hopped on his skateboard to hop onto the skatepark nearby. The soft breeze ruffled his hair on his way there, the sun warming his skin and the soft chatter of people on the sidewalk created complete vibe.

And as he got to the park, he noticed it was mostly empty except for this one girl with her back facing him. She had a pair of skates on, practicing on her own. Cooper slowed down for a bit and hopped off his skateboard, picking it up to hold it by his side. He watched the girl drop into the bowl and do a quick grab of her leg behind her before just rolling backward and out of the bowl.

"That was fucking sick." The sudden comment caused her to turn around really quick, almost making her fall on her back. She caught herself quickly and looked straight at Cooper. Her face flushed red quickly in embarrassment.

"Oh, thanks." She cleared her throat, trying to regain her posture. "It's a little shaky though, so I came to try to improve it. I haven't skated for a while."

"Well, I think it was still pretty cool, despite you not skating for a while." Cooper smiled, before sticking out his free hand to her to shake. "I'm Cooper." The girl formed a small smile at his compliment and shook his hand.

"I'm Y/n. And I have to admit I kinda know who you are. You're pretty well known around here. I've seen you skate around a couple times," you say. "Mind showing me something?"

Cooper raised an eyebrow. Well, he was well known on the internet, and he constantly came to the skatepark. But it was still kind of weird to him. "Hmm, I guess I can." He put his board on the ground and took a deep breath. He went up to the bowl and dropped, doing a trick when he got to the other side and came back up.

He came back upright in front of her, seeing you with your arms folded. "Not bad," you say, a hint of playfulness in your voice. His heart started beating a little quicker at that tone.

"Oh, would you like to do better than that?" Cooper challenged, grinning at you. You shrug, a large grin on your face as you did your own trick. And the two of you kept going back and forth, trying to top each other's last trick until you both ended up just skating back and forth between the park and chatting until the sun went down. You both warmed up to each other, finding relaxation in each other's presence. You both didn't realize how late it got until you both saw how dark it was.

"Oh shoot. It's getting really late and I still have to skate home..." You say, checking your phone time. 8:13 PM. You had to get home because god knows what will happen if you're out too late and alone. "I have to go all the way to the Tony's Pizzaria a couple blocks away." Cooper raised his eyebrow.

"I live near there too. The one down to the left, right? I'll go with you. It'll be kind of rude to let you go home by yourself this late. It was kind of my fault you didn't go home earlier," He offered. You pursed your lips as you think about it for a moment, before agreeing. You both got going on your different sets of wheels and went down the road, having a mini-race until they got right in front of her apartment building.

"This is where I live. Try not to come over unannounced." You joke, gripping your phone nervously in your hands. Cooper gave you a soft smile making your legs go numb. Or that was all the skating. Either way, he turned you into jello.

"Alright. I hope to see you agai--"

"Actually, Cooper, can I have your number?" You interrupt, your face turning red life you did before. The question caught him off guard. "Just so we can... skate together again? If you would like to?" Your eyes moved away from him, feeling extremely flustered. You usually don't get like this. But with a cute skater boy? Oh man, you were a mess.

"Yeah. Here, let me give it to you." Cooper smiled widely. You gave him your phone as he punched in his digits and gave it back to you. Your face remained a bright shade of red and your heart was thumping in your chest widely. "Try not to leak it," He joked, giving you a little wink causing your heart to literally explode.

"Yeah yeah I'll try," You joke back in return and chuckled, before waving goodbye and heading inside the building.

Once you were out of earshot, Cooper punched his fist in the air and did a little dance right there on the sidewalk. "You got moves, Cooper!" He cheered to himself. Once he died down, he looked side to side and looked up and down the street.

"I should've thought this through before telling her I lived around here because my stupid ass is now lost." 

---

guys I don't know what's up with me all of a sudden after months of not writing I just want to write all the time what the fuck this is kinda weird