-christmas song (jschlatt)

I am going to be honest- I wrote this in November, before Thanksgiving. I wanted to upload this on December 1st though bc it seems more appropriate

Please don't kill me

EDIT: it is the beginning of summer in 2020. According to hallmark it is Christmas time so I am okay with posting this now and there's a lot of typos so fuck it

(she/her)
---

"Have yourself, a merry little Christmas,"

Schlatt couldn't remember what he was talking about with Carson the moment he heard that sweet voice start singing. A familiar voice, but he couldn't put his finger on who it was.

"Schlatt?" The blond in front of him said, noticing how he paused mid-sentence. "You okay?"

"Let your heart be light,"

"Who's singing this? I've never heard them before," Schlatt questioned, looking around for speakers. He saw that everyone also noticed the singing, all of them facing to something (or someone) behind him.

"Dude, do you not recognize who this is?" Carson raised a brow, before grabbing Schlatt's shoulders and forcefully turned him around.

That's when Schlatt finally saw her.

"Next year all our troubles will be out of sight,"

He saw Y/n, standing on that small stage, a warm yellow light shining on her face. All attention was on her. He was with her minutes before, until Travis had pulled her away from him to do something. This must've been that something.

But he never realized how beautifully she sang.

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the yultide gay,
Next year all our troubles would be miles away,"

Sure, he knew she sang. Y/n always invited him to her performances, but every single thing he always had he already had plans. He's heard her hum songs so many songs, but this was his first genuine time hearing her sing.

And god fucking dammit, he was falling in love with her voice.

"Once again as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Will be near to us, once more,"

Y/n had the dreamiest look on her face, and as she sang her pink lips held the most light-hearted smile. Schlatt couldn't help but let his own heart flutter at the sight of her. He'd never think that he'd look at her and admit that he was in love with her, but seeing her like this, he could never deny it.

"Have you never heard her sing before?" Carson asked quietly, noticing how intently Schlatt was watching her. Carson had to admit- he had never seen Schlatt look at anyone like that before. It was kind of endearing.

"No I haven't, shut up," Schlatt murmured, trying to swat Carson away and pay attention to Y/n. Carson let out a light chuckle, and continued to watch.

And that's when Y/n's eyes met his. Her smile slightly wavered, and quickly adverted her eyes somewhere else.

"Someday soon we all will be together
If the fates allow
Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow
So have yourself a merry little Christmas..."