-misunderstanding (ted)

skailer_ eek you requested something cute for ted and I had to deliver!
also thanks to lyla-ish for the inspiration 🥺 and the rest of the discord chat helping me :))

also if you requested something just know that I am working on it!! I'm trying my best don't worry I'll try to get it uploaded soon

um also I had this written out and I realized that I really hated how I wrote it so I rewrote the entire thing so enjoy

(jealous! ted which slowly turns into a cute moment)

---

Fuck.

Ted sat there, in absolute agony, hating every single thing happening at this moment.

He was planning on having a chill movie night with Y/n- watching a favorite film, eating snacks, messing around, and maybe cuddling if he got lucky. For the entire week, they haven't hung out as much as they used to and Y/n kept having to cancel plans they would have scheduled. It was unlike her and it absolutely hurt because of the fact that he had a giant crush on her, but he respected whatever she said and let her live her life. They weren't dating at all, and even if they were he couldn't control her life. 

But when he showed up to her apartment he did not expect another guy to be there. 

This guy- who's name was apparently Nathan- was in his pajamas, on his spot on the couch, holding the bowl of popcorn in his lap. And that man looked like he lived in a gym or something- although he was shorter than Ted, he was a lot buffer than him. And to fuel that already burning jealousy, apparently Y/n canceled their plans to hang out with this guy. Ted felt himself become insecure- what did this guy have that he didn't? And why did Y/n hang out with him more than him? He denied the thought of them dating. Y/n would've told Ted something if she started dating someone... right?

"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Theodore, but when I'm being praised people call me Ted Nivison," Ted tried to joke with Nathan, earning an odd look from him. Y/n walked over rolling her eyes and grabbing the remote on the coffee table in front of them, sitting in between Nathan and Ted on the couch.

"He's internet famous, that is what he means by when he gets praised," Y/n hummed, turning on the TV. Nathan raised an eyebrow and hummed in amusement. 

"Oh really? That's cool. What do you do online?" Nathan asked Ted. He loved his platform, he couldn't lie about that, but it kind of made him nervous when a guy like Nathan, who was most likely really interested in Y/n asked him that question.

"I mainly stream video games. I upload some of my stuff on Youtube. What about you?" Ted asked in return, watching Y/n's face as the two males spoke, watching the bright light from the TV reflect off her face.

"I'm a fitness trainer." Well shit. This guy was hot AND fit. No wonder Y/n canceled plans to hang out with this guy- he was a total package.  

"And I now want to watch a movie, so shut up," Y/n huffed, making Nathan laugh and Ted crack a smile. The two males turned their gaze to the TV in front of them, now paying attention to whatever was on the screen. But Ted couldn't help but watch out of the corner of his eye the interactions between Y/n and Nathan. The quiet playful teasing as they whispered things to each other and laughed at eh small joke they shared together. Ted kept his mouth shut but he felt tense as he there, very much like a third wheel. The longer he sat there the more his heart ached, to a point twenty minutes into the movie he couldn't take it anymore.

"Hey, I think I left something in my car," Ted muttered under his breath to Y/n, catching her attention. She looked at him strangely, her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"O...Kay? The good part is going to come up, you gotta hurry," Y/n tried cracking him a small smile. Ted nodded before quickly leaving the apartment and into the cold, crisp air.

He closed the door behind him and stepped to the side, leaning his back against the wall, his hands grabbing fistfuls of his hair. "Fuck," he murmured, trying to calm his jealousy down. But he couldn't help it. Imagining Y/n with someone else, especially when he was on the verge of asking her out, wasn't the best feeling in the world. He felt like pure shit.

While he was waddling in his thoughts he heard the door next to him open. He turned his attention to it, seeing Y/n step out and closing the door behind her, a concerned look on her face.

"Ted, are you feeling okay?" She murmured softly, making him look away. God, he felt guilty. But he couldn't look at someone's girl like that, with such admiration as he felt.

"I'm doing fine, I'm just trying to clear my head for a little bit," Ted dropped his hands down from his hair, shoving his cold palms into his pant pockets.

"Ted, I know that look. You know I hate it when you keep stuff from me. You're bothered by something and you know it... Is it the movie? Or did something happen?" Y/n tried her best to guess what was going on, making Ted a little frustrated. How could she not tell how he felt? He tried to make it so obvious so many times before, that just thinking about it made him burst.

"Then why did you not tell me you were hanging out with another guy this week?" Ted asked, making Y/n confused. Silence hung in the air for a second, before she responded.

"I... Didn't think that would matter to you, I'm sorry Ted," Y/n muttered, trying to fit the pieces together.

"Of course it would matter, because god damn it Y/n, I'm I'm fucking love with you!" Ted finally admitted, before fully facing her. There. He said it. No backing away now. He took a big look at her bodily response. Y/n's face was red and her eyes wide, her body frozen.

"Ted... What?" Y/n stammered, trying to figure out the right words to say, a small grin growing on her face.

"And it hurts knowing that you proabably had a nice date with someone better than me this entire week. You cancelled plans to spend time with your boyfriend, and only invited me today to be the third wheel," Ted finally sighed, before looking away. And that's when it clicked for Y/n. She used her hand to cup the side of his face and turn his gaze back to her.

"Ted, sweetie... Nathan is my cousin. He has been visiting from out of town, that's why I hung with him so much, " Y/n snorted, a large grin spreading across her face. Meanwhile, all that jealousy wiped away from Ted as his own face became red from embarrassment.

"So you're saying that I've been jealous of your cousin this whole fucking time?" Y/n laughed at his comment before nodding to him. Ted thinks for a moment before he grinned from ear-to-ear.

"So, you're telling me that you're still single?" Ted asked, raising a brow. Y/n bursts out into a fit of laughter, which soon enough Ted joins.

"Of course, dummy," Y/n smiles, going up on her tippy-toes and places a soft kiss on Ted's cheek. "Now that this is settled, can we go back to the movie? I'm literally dying to watch the rest of it."

"As long as I can take you out on a date later, I think we can continue."

---

mmm it's late and I just wanted to publish this asap I will edit this tomorrow morning but hahaha oneshot