✔ c h a p t e r 8;

( B E S T  O F  B O T H  W O R L D S)

a situation in which you can enjoy the advantage of two very different things at the same time.

"I never thought I would find the picture of Seth's nudes with your head finally appealing."
-VICTORIA SPENCER

OCTOBER 16, 2017 || Tokyo, Japan

"WHAT CRAWLED UP HIS ASS AND ROTTED?"

Kenny Omega had chosen to ignore Marty's remarks as he continued lifting weights. No one had actually remembered that it was his birthday besides his parents and younger sister that had sent him a quick text greeting him for the day. Marty, the Bucks, not even Cody and Brandi who knew everyone's birthday had greeted him all throughout filming their skits for this week's episode. He hasn't even heard from Victoria that flew home a few days back to visit her family.

He wasn't much for caring about his own birthday, but it was just bumming him out knowing Victoria had been teasing him days prior to her leaving that she would be surprising him like he did on her. It had both scared him and excited him about the possibilities especially coming from her.

With the day slowly coming to a close, he had finally chose to give up the possibility. Slipping on his sweatshirt, and unwrapping the tape around his wrists and fingers, he decided to spend the last few hours of his birthday back in his apartment, playing video games to finally unwind for the night.

"We're heading out first." Cody said with his arms wrapped around his wife, made their way out of the locker room without much of a goodbye directed at him.

The man took a deep breath and carried on with his task at hand, shoving what was left of his clothing in his gym bag. With his phone now shoved into his pocket, he decided it was time for him to head home. No one wanted to head out for a good meal and he just thought about ordering pizza when he heads back in his apartment.

"Heading out, Kenny?" Matt inquired, eyes still glued to his phone, rapidly texting whoever he was talking to on the phone.

"Yeah." He muttered and with his bag at hand, he left without even saying good bye to any of them.

The cold air of the night was a welcome surprise to the man as he decided to walk back home instead. The rapid sounds of cars and people around him were momentarily ignored as he continued on with his journey. It was weird for him to be in the position he was in right now, to have a girl he had right now, to have a career with uncertainty if would further back or he was now at the peak of it.

His mind was in shambles, a constant feeling as time goes by for him. Then there was his friend, Kota. A man that had such an impact in his life and in his career. He had genuinely wanted to come toe to toe with him in the ring all over again—even just to make amends with their unfinished past. But NJPW wasn't keen on him and the Prodigal son to be in the same ring as a rivals, there was too much at risk at far less of things to be earned from it.