Chapter 22: V I C T O R I A

I felt emptiness in my heart, numbness of the pounding in my head, the tears that had been constant for over thirty six hours. Not only was I to handle the pain of losing something I thought I could cherish, I was to face Minoru Suzuki in Pro Wrestling NOAH.

The ache in my heart intensified as I realized that he was supposed to be here to support me. Last time I heard from the Bucks was Kenny was still in Tokyo preparing for his match at the Tokyo Dome. It was as if in a matter of seconds, he decided I didn't matter to him anymore.

I jumped as the knock on my locker room sounded. As Noah's indulgence, they had given me a private room as I gave them the privilege to have my debut match back into the ring. Sebastian, one of my most trusted security was standing in watch outside in case of unwanted people barging in.

"Sebastian who is it?" I called out as I began applying the first smudge of black makeup all around my eyelids.

"It's Suzuki Minoru, Ma'am."

I halted in my actions immediately opening the door to see Minoru glaring dagger at my security. His dangerous eyes turned towards me and immediately melted to a much stern ones instead.

I bowed letting him in. I knew why he was here and I would simply take the opportunity to thank him.

"Minoru-san to kyōsō suru kikai o ataete kurete arigatō. (Thank you for giving me the opportunity to compete with you, Minoru-san)."

He nodded patting me on top of the head. His own little way of showing affection, I have learned in the few encounters I had with him in the past. At the age of age of 49, he still looked at his prime and I wouldn't doubt he could go toe to toe with my much taller security.

"Otokonoko wa dokodesu ka? (Where is the boy?)."

His eyes scanned the room. No sign of Kenny wherever. His attention now drawn to the mask I always used during my time in the Indy's. A gold steampunk-themed gas mask that was a counterpart of Marty's own Plague Doctor mask. Throughout my time in WWE, I had never used it, and I was thankful for it. It saved the last ounce of identity I had ever cherished.

"Watashitachi wa mō isshode wa arimasen. (We're not together anymore)."

He grunts as he placed his hand on top of my head all over again. It was somewhat endearing for someone known for his violence to have such a soft spot—to me off all people.

"Sono shōnen wa kare ni okoru kanōsei no aru saikō no mono o muda ni shita. (That boy wasted the best thing that could happen to him)."

I tensed trying so hard to halt the tears. It took me hours to halt them but now they were threatening to fall all over again.

"Daijōbu. Watashi wa shigoto ni modorimasu. Sore wa jūyōna koto no subetedesu. (I'll be fine. I'm back to work. That's all that matters)."

It was a lie I keep telling myself but it was just enough to let me move forward now.

"Sōde wa arimasen. Shikashi, soreha eru. (It's not. But it will get better soon)."

I nodded hoping for just that.

In that moment I simply listened to Minoru as he begins instructing me how the entire match would go. With me reassuring him time and time again that, I could take a punch. I had always did from day one. WWE made me look weak and it was now the time to prove it was not the case anymore. I was strong and I was going to return with a burning flame behind me in every way.

"Anata wa kore no tame ni junbi ga dekite imasu ka? (Are you ready for this?)."

I wore my mask that concealed my entire face. I nodded and I realize I was ready. I was ready to move forward for now. I didn't need to think about Kenny right now. I needed to think about my career and the legacy I am to make in every single promotion I could possibly do.