✔ c h a p t e r 6;

( L I V E  I N  A  F O O L ' S  P A R A D I S E )

be in a state of enjoyment based on false beliefs or hopes, a state of illusory happiness.

"Wow, Ms. Victoria Spencer, the audacity to callme the cheater between you and I."
-TYSON SMITH

OCTOBER 10, 2017 || Tokyo, Japan

"WHAT?"

Kenny Omega wanted to punch himself in the face as soon as the word had slipped out of his mouth. Of all the things he could actually say, the most indiscreet thing somehow magically comes out of his mouth. If the Bucks or even Marty were here to listen to what he had just said, two things would definitely happen. One, the Bucks would laugh their asses off for his stupidity and two, Marty would laugh definitely, but it was more for the fact that a man like Kenny Omega, was way out of the woman's league and then possibly he would proceed to shove his umbrella down his throat for all he knew.

"Forget what I just said." He finally muttered, his knees were like jelly as he tried to stand on his full height but he was just so tiny in front of the woman, after all he had just said. Maybe being consumed by the ground right now was the only viable solution to his big mouth.

A smile now lingered on the woman's face, it was warmth in the cold day here in Tokyo. He wants to hate it, this feeling of infatuation for someone he barely knows, but here he was, adoring the way her lips puckered up as the smile grew and grew until she was giggling, a melodic sound that makes him wonder if he could listen to for as long as she would allow it.

"I don't mean it in a rude way, Mega Man." She composed herself, fanning her ruby cheeks. "I am just surprised, why would someone like you want someone like me?"

What?

Her question surprised him more than having her run for the hills right now. Doubt, doubt wasn't a bet suit for her. After knowing her for a few good weeks. There was darkness in her eyes at times, but it wasn't as serious as it was looking at her. The way her eyes would twinkle, it made him remember the icy blue sky in his winter back home; the peace and danger it could inflict if he wasn't too careful.

"I think it's the opposite."

"What are you talking about, you're being silly." She snorted holding on to his hands.

The feeling of soft but somehow callous hand against his own. Static flowed through his system as soon as their touch met, it was weird, really, to be able to be this way to a woman as her. It was a weird experience and he was growing so addicted to it every single time he looks at her, wanting to understand how it goes with her, and just generally anything that has to do with her.

It was weird to have a crush in this day and age, but he did and just moments ago ruined any possibility by opening his big mouth.

"Can you really put your money where your money is, Mega Man?"