Chapter 28: V I C T O R I A

"Has Gedo actually lost his mind?" I muttered under my breath. Marty laughing at my expense after knowing who I was to compete against here in the Korakuen Hall.

"Why do I feel like this will turn into a disaster?"

"More like a 5-star match as Gedo tried to convince me it would be." I muttered.

It's been a few days since Marty planted the idea of Kenny proposing or something. And I had been avoiding Kenny like the plague. Declining all his attempts of a call through FaceTime. Always telling him through text that I was busy or tired, whichever works best at the time.

And now this was the first time I'd actually see him in nearly three weeks and I don't know how to act. I knew I was practically pushing him away all over again but what was I to do?

"Don't do anything stupid, Muffin." Marty reminded.

"I'm not." I assured him noticing Minoru Suzuki behind Marty. A smile on my face with him patiently waiting for our conversation to end. "Joining Kenny in the ring?"

"The Young Bucks are probably already doing that for me." He smirked turning and visibly squeaking at the sight of an intimidating Minoru Suzuki. "And I'm still injured. God knows what would happen to me out there." He chuckled excusing himself leaving me with Minoru.

"Otokonoko wa dokodesu ka? (Where is the boy?)."

I knew he was referring to Kenny.

"Kare wa osoraku watashitachi no shiai no junbi o shite imasu (He's probably getting ready for our match.)."

I responded. And Minoru simply watched me as I continued stretching. It's been a few days and I just took it upon myself to talk to Minoru about how his team mates had been towards me, especially Zack Sabre Jr., it didn't go well.

I had personally watched Minoru give every single individual in the locker room a beating. All at once, the carnage in front of me felt real. I was personally affecting a group. Far from what I would have wanted to happen in my stay here.

"Watashi wa Gedo to hanashimashita. Anata wa watashi to gurūpu o sū-shūkan de ugokashite imasu. (I talked to Gedo. You're turning on me and the group in a few weeks.)."

I jerked my head towards him. We both knew it was for the best. Me being part of Suzuki-gun was just a second choice as Gedo wasn't sure about me being in Bullet Club and my character wasn't good for CHAOS. But now, with circumstance, I was going to be part of Bullet Club.

"Just in time for Devitt and Styles' return?" I asked and the simple nod made it clear. Kenny was going to get his opportunity for the title sooner rather than later. "I'm sorry." I couldn't help it. I still feel it was my fault.

The gentle hand on top of my head assured me everything was alright. I smiled looking up at him. A ghost of a smile playing on his face. It was still hard to get used to seeing him without his signature hair. His match at the Tokyo Dome still fresh from my mind.

"Kono shō o te ni iremashou (Let's get this show on the road)." He smirked leading the way to the gorilla position.

My eyes immediately settled on Kenny. Headphones shoved to his ears as he continued stretching. I smiled towards Matt and Nick as we were the first to head out. Instinctively my hands immediately came to caress the title around my waist. The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title. The moment Marty gets back to the ring, I'm going to lose it. I've had my fun and the prominence it came with it, but it was inevitable.

"Princess,"

Eyes jerked up and I saw Kenny smile at me. The goofy noodle two-toned hair messily in a bun. We were to compete again and this time neither of us were confused about our relationship—only me this time.