Chapter Four | The heinous Secret

The killing was her least favorite. She couldn't believe how someone could be so brutal and sadistic.

The cold look that reflected on his face gave her shudders. His hands were tightly closed around the surface of the metallic grey colored knife.

He seemed to have no sense of humanity. His heart seemed to be made of stone, the way he had brutally killed Mr.Brooklyn.

She couldn't believe anything that was happening around her or perhaps that had already happened. She wanted to change what had happened, change what she had seen. But she could hardly realise that she had no control over the situation.

She would never forget the evil glint in his beady eyes. He had smelt of blood, of danger.

Her tears had stopped. The uncanny feeling that she was having got ardent. The man's appearance made her insane.

He looked at Jennifer with penitence like he wanted to explain what had happened or maybe correct the way she was seeing things. Or maybe even kill Jennifer because that's what she thought was going to happen.

She couldn't believe how everything had changed since she had walked down from her home and been in the chalet. A few minutes ago she had all the happiness she would ever want and now she was standing with a terrible person.

She couldn't swallow the truth even an inch down her throat. Tears were flowing down her eyes again but this time she knew why. She was heartbroken, she was ambivalent.

The darkness had eventually taken over the entire sky and Jennifer's life as well. The Moonlight brightened the backyard. She had felt the darkness comforting before but now it was like she was being sucked into the darkness.

Jennifer had felt every possible emotion while she stared at the man. She had been there just for a few minutes but the devastating surrounding had made her feel it like a decade.

She wiped the tears off her face and looked at Mr.Brooklyn and then back at the killer.

She didn't know what to do. But she knew she was deranged, demented, and a lot more.

She felt terrible. But she certainly knew what to speak at the moment. She controlled her uncontrolled emotions and broke the silence of the dark misty night when she said his name out loud; "Wha...wha....why did you kil..l him, Danny?" And then she broke down.