Somewhere Only We Know || 2

Start from the beginning

"Hey!" I heard Mrs. Berstler yell at us for a warning, and I chuckled under my breath.

"Shall we head back downstairs?" I asked Bekah. Bekah  nodded and we headed back down the stairs. Once we were back on the floor everyone was grinning at us from ear to ear.

"What was going on up there?" Caleb asked, wiggling his eyebrows at us.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him. "Shut up you!" I said, laughing slightly.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Bekah opened it to reveal Ashton, standing there happily, a huge smile on his face. When he saw Bekah, his smile brightened. I could feel the jealousy stirring inside of me.

"Hey! Ashton!" Bekah yelled happily, giving him yet another hug. Haven't they hugged enough?

"Hey!" Ashton pulled out of the hug. "I heard there was a party here? I came to crash it!" Ashton joked, and everyone started laughing. He walked in, and shut the door behind him. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing much," Caleb answered. "Bekah and Luke were getting it on in Bekah's room!"

"We were not!" Bekah and I yelled in unison. That just caused everyone to laugh harder.

"Suuure you weren't!" Ashton teased.

I rolled my eyes. First he flirts with Bekah, and now he picks on me? This guy just can't do anything right!

"Well, Ashton you were right about us having a party! Luke, could you text Calum and Micheal? I want them here for when we start this thing!" Mrs. Berstler said happily.

I nodded my head and walked down to the basement. This was Caleb's room, but it was also where Eli played video games. I walked into the area that was set off for Caleb to sleep in. I sat on his bed and pulled out my phone and started texting Calum.

Me: Come to Bekah's. We're having a par-tay!!

Calum: Awwwyeah! I'll be there in ten!!

Me: Don't drive the speed limit! Go over! I want to get this thang started!!

Calum: Bruh! I wasn't actually going to follow the rules of the road!! Who do you think I am??

I laughed and shook my head at his answer. Just as I clicked on Micheal's name to text him, I heard people coming down to the basement. I looked up to see Bekah and Ashton walking down. I held my  breath. What was going on?

"How many people are planning to come tonight?" Ashton asked, sitting down on the couch.

Bekah sat next to him. Too close for my comfort. "A ton! Mom called like half of the neighborhood." Bekah laughed. Hearing her laugh was music to my ears. It sent a smile to my face, but seeing her there with Ashton put a frown on my face.

"You're a great friend, Bekah. You know, I always thought of you as a sister. I know I'm not as close as you and Luke are, but I feel we're pretty close. You're a cool friend." Ashton said, flashing Bekah a huge smile. He's leading it on as if he doesn't want to as her out. Maybe he doesn't. Maybe I'm just over thinking everything.

"Thanks, Ash. I mean, you're a really cool friend, too. I don't think you'll ever be as close as Luke and I, though. Sorry to say, but he's my best friend, and no one could ever replace him." Bekah answered back. I felt a surge of happiness. Hear that? No on could replace me!

"Speaking of Luke," Ashton's eyes flickered over to where I was sitting, but I gave him a panicked look. I don't want Bekah to think I was creepy and eavesdropping. I shook my head, and he got the message. "He should be done texting everyone. Let's head up." I watched as Bekah and Ashton headed back upstairs, and I let out a long breath of relief. I decided to quickly text Micheal, and head up.

Me: You better get your butt to Bekah's, or Imma kick yo butt!

After I sent that text, I stared up the stairs, and was greeted by Micheal.

"Oh, hey." I said, not expecting to see him.

Micheal must have just gotten my text because he said. "Well, guess you won't be kicking my butt, huh?" And we both started laughing. I slung my arm around his shoulders. I love having Micheal as a friend. He's hilarious.

"I still will, don't worry." I teased, winking at him.

"Where's Calum?" Mrs. Berstler asked.

"I'm right here!" Calum said, coming out of the bathroom.

"When did you get here?" Caleb asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Just now. I  climbed through the window." Calum answered, laughing. We all did too except Mrs. Bertler. She looked startled that Calum was able to enter her house through a window.

"So...what's this party I've been told of?" Ashton asked. He seemed excited about it. Heck, he probably was. Everyone probably was. I know I am!

"That's right! Everyone, as a special treat to the boys being home, I decided as a party, we're having a Laser Tag lock-in!" Mrs. Berstler announced.

"Yeeaaahhh!" We all cheered. Micheal and I fist pumped in excitement.

"So, shall we go?" I cried, and we all went out and piled into the cars. I couldn't wait until we got there. Not to brag or anything, but I am pretty top notch at Laser Tag. Give me one of those guns, and I'll shoot you down! I can't wait to crush everyone. I noticed Bekah sat in the front seat looking nervous. I felt a grin spread onto my face. She was never good at Laser Tag. Maybe tonight I'll be nice, and I'll go easy on her. Just maybe.