Forty eight - Dream vacation

Start from the beginning

The alcohol doesn't hit you at first. The taste of this expensive vodka was dangerously similar to water. Something you could drink without disgust. Then all a sudden it starts, an hour later your head spins and your mood brightens. You're now super hyper and become a little red, quite tipsy. Still conscious but barely thinking. Rin wasn't nearly as gone as you were. Maybe because of the tolerance she had built over the years, always out partying. The boys also seemed fine. In this state of mind, you do things you wouldn't normally do sober.

Johnny only took about a couple drinks to make you happy which after then he stopped. Jaehyun on the other was stuck to the bar all night. He chugged drink after drink, trying to bury his sorrow away into liquor. At this point you're so drunk and hyper you sat next to him to drink together. Especially since Rin and Johnny weren't joining you.

[Everything you said from now on was in a highly waisted, intoxicated tone. With giggles mid-sentence and excessive body movements.]

you: Jay! how are you?

He clearly sees how out of it you are but plays along.

Jaehyun: so you talk to me now?

you: yesssss, why wouldn't i? you're so nice!

Jaehyun laughs. Johnny was shaking his head, embarrassed and ready to save you before you did something stupid. He got up and grabbed your waist. Telling you that you should get back to the hotel room. You slap his hands out of the way and told him to leave you alone.

you: no! i don't wanna go back yet. i wanna talk to my friend jay over here

Johnny rolled his eyes. He knew you'd regret it if he didn't stop you, that you'd be so angry in the morning if you found out he let you act this way around Jaehyun.

Johnny: baby. now.
he said in a more assertive tone.

You wouldn't go with him, insisting in staying where you were.

Jaehyun, in a low voice to johnny: just let her be. if it makes you feel better, i promise not to hold tonight against her later. I'm not like that. i won't take advantage of her in this state. i'll act like it never happened.

johnny: why should i trust you? you always have ulterior motives

jaehyun, raising his voice: why can't you let me have this? maybe she has something important to say that she's too scared to tell me when sober. i just wanna hear it. she never talks to me otherwise. [pause] please.

Johnny was shocked Jaehyun begged him for something, it's never happened before. He felt bad and understood how desperate Jaehyun was. As a friend, he retreated.

Johnny: fine. 20 minutes. I'm taking her back after

Jaehyun nodded. Johnny left to take a walk on the beach to clear his mind. Rin watched as this all went down, unsure what to do but definitely didn't want to interrupt either. She decided to join Johnny on that walk, a lot was on her mind too.

jaehyun, back to you: so what is it you wanted to tell me?

you: it's very important! i wanna tell you—

jaehyun: hm?

you: i wanna tell you .. i wanna say that you'd make a great boyfriend you know!

jaehyun smiled, he didn't know what to think of this conversation.

jaehyun: is that so? and why do you say that?

you: because you're caring and very responsible too and good boyfriends are like that haha

Jaehyun felt guilty. Using alcohol to ease you into talking to him was a low blow. But his desire to hear the end of this conversation overpowered his guilt.

jaehyun: so what are you trying to say?

you: no i shouldn't.

jaehyun: it's okay. whatever you say will stay with me.

you: okay here it comes ...

[pause]

you should date Rin!

~