Forty four - Springtime

It was a few months from graduation. Your schoolwork was degrading. You paid less and less attention each day, doesn't help that you've been missing school. Would you be able to pass all your classes before the end of the year?

Johnny wasn't talking. He wasn't sure how to respond. Yes he lied, yes he was hiding something from you. But no it wasn't to hurt you or to benefit himself. He looked at you with a concerned face.

johnny: please don't make me do this

you: you're gonna tell me to let it go again huh?

johnny: i really don't think you should know

You stepped towards him and sat on his lap legs apart facing him. He put his arms around your waist. You were face to face.

you: i trust you with my life, you risked yours for me. if you really don't want me to know, i'll forget jay ever mentioned it

johnny: i love you

You kissed him then laid next to him for a few minutes. It was getting late. This was déjà-vu. This time you'll learn from your mistake and leave early instead of staying there with Johnny. You shouldn't miss anymore school. You had to graduate.

you: i have to go now. i just wanted to make sure you were okay. i'll come back after school tomorrow

johnny: go. i'll be okay

You kissed him goodbye. You missed him so much it hurt. On your way home you took your phone out to send him a text and noticed the last one Johnny sent you.

You felt so bad for not seeing it earlier. He must've been so worried. At least nothing happened.

[text]
you: hey sorry i never saw your text

johnny: it's fine. just get home safely

you: i'll call you before bed. love you

You got home and quickly showered then got ready for bed. While drying your hair someone knocked on your bathroom door. You were still in your bathrobe with wet hair but opened the door regardless, thinking it'd be a maid with you sleeping tea. You couldn't be more wrong.

you: oh my— what are you doing here?!

jaehyun: just checking up on you

you: did you really need to come see me in the bathroom? you crazy?

jaehyun: you're right. sorry. goodnight

You rolled your eyes and closed the door back up. Jaehyun stood there with his back against the door. He looked up and put his hands over the back of his neck. He let out a huge sigh.

jaehyun: fuck. i can't do this. i can't let her go

He missed you so much he needed to see you. It killed him to admit it. Even with your attitude, he was glad to hear the sound of your voice. He walked out of your room in disappointment.

You got out the bathroom but peaked first to see whether Jaehyun was still there or not. All clear, you felt comfortable coming out to change. What was with him? you thought. He really couldn't leave you alone even one second. You called Johnny and fell asleep on the phone.

Life went on like this for a few days, about a week later Johnny was to get discharged from the hospital. Today was the day. The cherry blossoms bloomed and looked beautiful. The first sign of spring, a symbol of a fresh start.

You ran to Johnny as fast as you could after school ended. He was already walking again and seemed to be okay. It made you tear up. You were so relieved he recovered. You sprinted into his arms and smiled.

you: how are you feeling?

johnny: better. i can't stand hospitals I'm so happy to be out

you laughed.
you: so what's the first thing you wanna do now?

johnny: walk. i wanna use my legs, tired of being glued to a bed

You went downtown. Streets were filled with cherry trees. The blossom petals falling down on you was such a beautiful sight. You kept walking but Johnny suddenly stopped to stare at you. You turned around and looked at him concerned. He was so serious.

you: everything okay?

johnny: babe, let's go to prom together

~

Bet you weren't expecting that!
anyways. I'm getting back on my grind aye. new chapters will be good (hopefully) see y'all next monday ;)
keep hyping this up! it's so exciting seeing more readers <3