Forty five - Vacation

You completely forgot it was prom season soon. You never really cared much about that stuff. You weren't a people person. It's an overhyped event in your opinion. But maybe it'd be nice to experience it.

Wait a second, did Johnny just call you "babe" for the first time? It wasn't something you've ever heard before. It gave you an inexplicably good feeling. Babe.
You smiled stupidly.

you: prom? really?

johnny: what's wrong with that?

you: people, dressing up, it's just not my thing

johnny: i'll make you have the time of your life

You bit your lip in uncertainty. Johnny's confidence was so attractive. You couldn't say no.

you: one condition

johnny: anything

you: only if Rin comes with me ... which means we have to find her a decent date

Johnny didn't want to agree but he knew how much she meant to you. It'd be rude to refuse. You smiled after he nodded and got super excited. You had something to look forward to now.

You lived your life normally. Johnny was more careful when he took you out and even at school. Letting his guard down for even just a second could cost you your life which he wouldn't allow. He slept on the same bed as you and was with you 24/7. You got so used to him it was hard being apart.

Spring break was right around the corner and before you knew it time flew by. Two entire weeks without school, a much needed pause. You wanted to plan a trip somewhere, it'd be a waste to spend it doing nothing. You were laying on your bed scrolling through your computer on a travel website.

you: where should we go? miami? hawaii?

johnny: too many people will be there. it's spring break

you: okay then where else should we go mister know-it-all?
you said with an attitude.

johnny: since you wanna go to a tropical beach so bad why don't you just use your dad's private island?

you: uhhh because i didn't know he had a private island??
you said with an obvious look.

What was this? This entire time your dad had a private island and you never knew? What else did he own? A cruise boat? A private jet? A nightclub? A second mansion? A spaceship? A planet?

johnny: every rich man has one. you didn't know?

you: why do you expect me to know this? i didn't even know my dad had a business in Japan until like last month when he moved there

johnny: now you know

you: wow. okay but even if i know i don't know if he'll let me go there for vacation

johnny: how can you be so sure if you don't ask

you: i really hate it when you smartmouth me

Jaehyun walked in after overhearing your conversation.

jaehyun: you don't need to ask. it's yours

you: who told you you could come in— at least knock! and how do you know this?

jaehyun: I'm in charge of everything now remember? he left it to you.

you: so it's mine?

jaehyun: yep. but only few people know how to get there. it's a safety precaution

you in a disappointed sigh: lemme guess ... you're one of them?

jaehyun: please hide your excitement jeez. no. but i know who to talk to

you: who?

jaehyun: i can't tell you. like i said it's a safety precaution. if the location leaked, it wouldn't be a secret hideaway anymore

you: so it's a secret hideaway?

jaehyun: if you wanna go there, i'll have to arrange it and—

you: and?

jaehyun: and go with you

Johnny started laughing quietly.

jaehyun: what's so funny?

johnny: it's just so perfectly convenient isn't it?

jaehyun: I'm not the one wanting to go on spring break somewhere tropical

johnny: whatever

you: let's say i accept, then what?

jaehyun: then i'll arrange it for you

you: that easy?

jaehyun: yes?

you: okay arrange it

johnny: y/n!

You shushed Johnny and asked him to trust you. Jaehyun left the room with a smirk. The door closed.

johnny: you do realize he's planning something fishy

you: yeah but i have an idea

johnny: hmm?

you: I'm bringing Rin. and she'll bother him so much it'll be like a shield. let's have some fun!
you said in a playful tone.

Will your plan work?

~

announcement:
as some of you may know, america is currently in an uproar. and i happen to live in Saint Paul, Minnesota AND work in Minneapolis. of all places! (Minneapolis and Saint Paul are twin cities) so i'm exactly in the middle of where the mess started)
my city has been a danger zone for me and everyone else. i can't even guarantee my own safety but i believe what's happening (the riots/protests) are VERY necessary so i'm not scared. i hope you all stay safe with whatever decisions you're making in your own city.

i condemn absolutely ALL forms of racism. i fully support the blm movement and hope that justice will be served not only for George but also for ALL lives lost due to racism and oppression.

with that said, i haven't been able to write much but i promised you guys a chapter so here it is! i'll keep my word ... for now 😅

thanks everyone <3