The Unexpected Betrayal

Back in Matarville, the town where most of Duo's victims resided, Duo and Peppa jumped with glee. Their first plot was a huge success. Not only did they manage to kill all of the little animals and leave their parents to go mad, but they had also done with drama and style.
After helping Peppa get revenge on every animal she resented, the Duolingo bird was excited to get some help destroying his enemies, those pesky people who never completed their language lessons. He had been busy for the past few days helping Peppa, so his hit list had grown to a considerable size in his absence. Before he had to waste his time tracking down every single little person who refused to complete their lessons and kill them one at a time, but now that he had Peppa as an ally, he was sure the Deadly Duo could take out students quicker and more effectively than ever.
       "So, Peppa, now that we've destroyed your enemies, I need your help so I can start crossing names off my hit list." said Duo, "I'm sure now that we're working together we can come up with a plot to slaughter all the students who won't complete their lessons."
       Peppa snarled, "That seems like a lot of work, maybe we should take a break, bask in our glory and enjoy a few more BLTs."
       Duo clenched his fists, "NO! I helped you and know I want your help!"
         "Calm yourself. We'll get there eventually."
         "NOT EVENTUALLY! I WANT IT DONE NOW!"
           Peppa snorted, "If you can't control your anger maybe this partnership should be over."
           "YOU'RE ONE TO TALK! You murdered a bunch of animals just because you couldn't whistle!" At this point, Duo's eyes were just about popping out of their green feathered sockets.
           "Well Duo, " Peppa laughed, "It is what it is!" she walked towards the door ready to leave.
Duo was not going to take this. "NOOOO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! You do not get to use me to complete your bidding and then just leave me! I WILL NOT BE USED AND BETRAYED LIKE THAT!"
Peppa merely shrugged, "Well maybe next time you should choose your partner more carefully. I only work to benefit myself. I got what I want so now I'm done."
Duo grabbed a knife lying next to him darted to Peppa and plunged the knife into her plump pig belly, then again and again. Once he was confident he secured her death he stood over her body and cackled, "That's what happens when you mess with me! I guess I'll be having more BLTs for a bit."