Lana didn't know what to do, but she didn't want to be rude," Lana" she said quietly, shaking his hand.

Hyde's dad turned back to Hyde, "You got yourself a nice girl. Really pretty too. Man, how long has it been?"

"Eight years, 51 days." Hyde answer quickly

"Wow! Time really flies when you're-"

"Drunk?" Hyde finished.

"Well,I was gonna say "having' fun," but same thing!" His dad laughed

"Yeah, so, uh, how long you been back for?", Hyde said shrugging his father's hand off his shoulder

"Well, let's see...Ah, that must be about a year." He smiled

"A year?" Hyde said in disbelief, Lana squeezed  his hand trying to calm him down

"Yeah! Hey, I was gonna call ya."

"Oh, you were gonna call me? Oh, man, that makes you, like...I don't know, what, father of the year?" Hyde sneered, Lana quickly grabbed the beers off of the bar, figuring Hyde was ready to go.

Hyde began to walk out, pulling Lana with him, " I'll see you around, Dad."

They walked for a little bit, before deciding to sit on a curb of a little bit. Hyde finished up the last of his beer, Lana handed him the rest of hers,"you need it more than me"

"A year? He's been here a year?" High sighed. He pulled out a cigarette and Lana gave him a lighter. Lana took the cigarette and took a drag of it.

"I thought you didn't smoke anymore?" Hyde asked her. Lana rested her head on his shoulder.

"Well, when you're upset, I get upset too" she said," Want to talk about it?"

"No," Hyde shook his head, "it's just...Eight years. Nothing from him for eight years, no birthday card, no call..." Lana wished she knew what to say or what to do. She wished that Steven didn't have to go through this.

Lana lifted her head off of his shoulder, Hyde turned to face her. "You don't need him Steven. You are the most...amazing, sweetest guy I've ever met. I mean you can be a bit of a dumbass sometimes. Your dad...his a dick, you don't need him in your life"

Hyde smiled and put his hand on Lana's face. He pulled her closer, they kissed softly, Lana pulled away, putting her head on his shoulder again and Hyde wrapped his arm around her

"He is a dick" Hyde suddenly said, taking another sip of his beer.

🌸🌸🌸

Lana was in the basement with Donna, Eric, Kelso and Fez. Hyde said he needed to be alone for a while, and Lana was trying to respect that. She was having a hard time with it though, she didn't like it when he shut her out like that.

"Hello!," Kelso said looking through a dirty magazine," She is just my type: Naked."

Fez nodded his head, "I, too, like the naked ladies. I find them so... naked."

"Yeah, that's realistic," Donna scoffed,"  I think I'm gonna change the oil in my car-but first I'm gonna take off everything but my cowboy boots." She mocked.

"Sure, I mean if you're in bare feet, you could slip in the oil," Eric joked, "come on, Donna. Safety first."

"Whoa! Surefire ways to pick up women," Kelso read out loud then scoffed, "what kind of lonely losers read this stuff anyway?"

"Gimme," Fez said snatching the magazine from his hands, "look deep into her eyes, and use her name often...showing that this conversation is just for her."

Fez turned around to look at Lana, who was staring off into space still thinking about Hyde. He cleared his throat and walked over to her.

"Hey, Lana. I think they're onto something, Lana. What do you think, Lana?" He asked using her name more than he had to.

"Oh, my God. I'm taking off my shirt," Lana said dramatically as she faked pulling off her shirt, " stop it, hands! Stop it!"