eight

THANKSGIVING

🌸🌸🌸

The Forman family stood outside at the bus station waiting for Laurie to return home from college for thanksgiving.

"Laurie's bus isn't here yet"Eric complained. Lana loves her sister but not to the point of freezing her ass off. Her hair was in her face whipping back and forth. Her face was pink and her nose runny. She regretted in this moment not taking a scarf like her mother told her to.

"Can we get in the car and turn on the heat? I'm freezing." Eric complained again.

"I'm not wasting gas just so you can be comfortable." Red snapped.

"Daddy Can we at least go wait inside?" Lana begged her teeth chattering as she spoke.

"I'm not going in that bus station with those people." Kitty shook her head thinking everyone here was sketchy.

"God, I'm freezing." Lana mumbled holding her jacket closer to her. Eric took off his scarf and gave it to the freezing girl.

"I forgot to tell you, your sister's bringing a friend home so you'll be sleeping in the basement." Kitty suddenly remembered.

"The basement? They should sleep in Laurie's room or Lana?" Eric begged not wanting to give up his room. Not that Lana blamed him the basement is horrifying at night by yourself.

"And Red, I've been thinking." Kitty said ignoring Eric,"Maybe this Thanksgiving we should skip the big turkey.Small ones are on sale at Piggly Wiggly."

"This family doesn't scrimp on holidays,," Red scoffed, "can you imagine my mother sitting down to a chicken? "Kitty said rolling her eyes 

Lana rolled her eyes.She hated the way her grandma tried her mom. All she did was put down Kitty. Nothing was ever good enough for that miserable women.

"Red, your mother won't eat my cooking anyway so that won't be a problem."

"Dad, they should sleep in the basement." Eric tried again

"Red, last Thanksgiving she said her jaw wasn't strong enough to chew the turkey."

"And that was a magnificent turkey." Lana added

"Dad, it's my room."

"I work myself to the bone for that" Kitty added too

 "All right, that's it! Hold it." Red snapped," Now, Kitty, don't get worked up over my mother.And you, you're sleeping in the basement! And we're all having a happy damn Thanksgiving!"

Thankful Laurie showed up so Red would stop yelling

"Mommy, Daddy. This is Kate!" Laurie said hugging everyone but Eric.

"Daddy why did you let Lana stay outside? Let's get in the car, you must be freezing." Laurie said hugging Lana.

Red rushed the two girls into the car. Eric was all of a sudden happy to give his room up to a hot college student. Lana rolled her eyes. Boys are too easy.