Thirteen

Stolen Car

Point Place, Wisconsin

January 21st, 1977

Friday Afternoon

The Forman's Driveway

🌸🌸🌸

The teens stood outside looking at the Vista Cruiser. Eric had scratched and when Red saw it he was going to be pissed. Lana's face was white. She knew she could just blame it on Eric but he already twin coded it and now she was going down with him. 

"Forman, man. It's a tiny, little scratch,," Hyde scoffed ," And Red's never gonna see it.".

"No, Red sees everything,," Lana said worried ," He sees when I put cheap gas in the car". Hyde wrapped his arm around her. She was totally worried that Red was going to take the car away.

"I got it!" Kelso yelled suddenly, " We'll put my 'gas, grass, or ass" bumper sticker over it". Lana glared at him. Hyde just shook his head and turned his attention back to Eric. 

"Listen, Forman, whatever happens, we'll all take the rap." Kelso said looking around to Hyde and Fez for agreement. 

"Yeah," they both agreed. All of a sudden Red came out of the house he pasted the car before turning around and looking directly at the scratch. 

"How'd you scratch the car, Eric?" He asked.

"Have fun."

"Later." 

"See you, Forman." Hyde said dragging Lana away. She tried to push him off but of course he had a good grip on her. 

"Hyde I have to help him! It's my fault too!" Lana said as Hyde carried her into the basement. He set her down and put his hands on her shoulder to make her focus on him. 

"Lana how is it your fault? Were you driving? Were you the one who gave Eric the purple nurple?" Hyde sarcastically asked her, already knowing the answer was no.

"No but-"

"No! So you don't have to help Eric get out of all his problems. He's 17! He'll figure it out" Hyde said turning on the Tv and sat down. She stayed with Hyde, but she felt so guilty for not helping her little brother. 

🌸🌸🌸

Red took the car away from Eric, which meant he gave the keys to Lana. Lana never told Eric because that would make him way more upset. After Red yelled at him,  he got so mad at Lana for not helping him. She hated it when Eric was mad at her, it made her feel like she was a bad sister. Hyde just told her that 'he'll get over it' and 'that he should handle his own problems'.