Chapter 24 - Saving Her

Start from the beginning

My team starts shooting and take down a few of the men before we duck behind cover. Luca holds pressure on Emilio's shoulder as we return fire to the opposite men.

"Back down Vincent!" I hear Andrea shout. I hear a different gun go off which is very fucking loud. My ears ring as I reload my gun and glance over the table to see more people coming into the room.

"Where are you Leo?" I ask into my earpiece although I can't hear what I'm saying very well. I briefly hear him answer but I swear when a bullet grazes my side as I stand up to shoot back.

"Cazzo! Fuck!" I shout as the stinging pain explodes through my side. I hear more gunshots before everything falls quiet.

"Vincent?" Leo shouts from the archway, his gun in his hand.

"We are okay," I say as I stand up slowly, my hand on my wound and my ears ringing loudly.

"Alessandra is okay, we found her upstairs," he says and she comes in from where she was hiding. She runs up to me and hugs me tightly which hurts my graze but I still hug her back.

"Grazie! You guys are amazing!" She says but frowns when she sees the blood on my shirt. I don't give her a chance to ask questions before I turn and help get Emilio up.

"Be careful!" He growls when I move his arm.

"Let me help you," I say and he stands up as Luca holds his shirt to the wound oozing blood. I notice Stefano looking at me before we leave so I walk over as Enzo helps Emilio get into the van.

"You did well," I say and he sighs.

"Enough of this, I know I am wrong. You are a good Cappo," he says and I smile.

"So you accept that I am gay? And Enzo too?"

"I am trying. Martina has threatened me enough already," he says and looks to where his wife is calling the cleanup crew.

"Thank you Stefano," I say and he nods. We get back into the vans as Emilio complains about his shoulder. He won't let us take him to the hospital but he is letting me stitch him up when we get home. My hearing is getting a little better but all of us are the same so we're all talking loudly anyways. I sit beside Alessandra on the small bench and she seems so happy.

"I'll stay with you guys tonight then tomorrow I'm going to move in with my boyfriend and start again," Alessandra says.

"You're always welcome to my mansion, you're basically family," I say and she hugs me gently this time.

"Thank you Vin. You'll be invited to my wedding with Jason," she says and kisses my cheek. We get to the mansion and I take Emilio to the kitchen with Damian fretting over me.

"Please mi amore, just give me a moment," I say and quickly kiss his lips before I take off Emilio's shirt. The bullet is still inside his shoulder so I have a closer look to see if I need to take it out or not.

"Move your arm in a circle and see if the bullet is against bone or in the way of anything," I say and Emilio grimaces at the movement.

"Take off my belt so I can bite down on it," he says with a pained expression. I quickly unbuckle his belt and pull it out of the loops. He bites down on the leather as I rotate his shoulder and am happy the bullet can stay inside. I open the first aid kit and wash my hands as Damian and Luca nervously watch.