author's note

/author's note/

---

I have a lot of words I want to say, but I guess what's most prevalent is this:

To everyone who decided to be with me in this journey, to everyone who stayed for the magical ride, and for everyone who will continue to take interest in this book in the near future - thank you.

From the depths of my heart, thank you for giving this fantasy story a chance despite its flaws and bumps, and thank you for loving the characters as much as I have loved them.

To _prinsesak, LCVERYU, placated, PsychoticPlatypus, MartinCruistron, LifeisAZ, Saki_Kijima, rheignnn_, El-Khe, JosephBrunio, Jen & Jaja, thank you for trusting this journey, for commenting your thoughts, for believing in me and my works, and for encouraging me to continue writing in every chapter. Sending my tightest virtual hugs to each and everyone of you.

To eliaselamigo, my friend and illustrator, thank you for lending your time to visualize the crazy concepts in my head even amidst your busy schedule. You are the best, and I wouldn't anyone else as my illustrator!

To ClearlyAmbivalent, you will always be my favorite special mention. I've said this before, but I wanna say it again - thank you for continuously supporting every novel or work that I do, for taking your time to read them and giving your thoughts about it, for criticizing my works and most especially, for helping me become a better writer. You are definitely my forever hypeman, and for that I will always be thankful & blessed to have you.

Now that we've tied this journey to an end and gave the Mage Weavers the peace they've deserved after ten years of injustice, I just want to say that the reason why I wrote this novel was entirely fueled by my political outlook with regards to our own Philippine government.

In a way, this novel served as my escape from our current dark reality to write my frustrations about everything happening in our world today (e.g. incompetent government, pandemic, fires, wars), and turning it into a parallel fantasy universe undergoing the same injustice and unfair system.

And after those forty-five chapters of experiencing different forms of oppression, I hope the lesson that you can take from this fantasy novel is as simple as this:

"Speak even when your voice shakes. Speak even when you feel that all is lost. And most especially, speak when you want to be heard."

And of course to my young readers, I think I've outright and bluntly said this in chapter 45, but I'll once again quote the words of the three Ethearia goddesses as a reminder:

"Write this in the stars and embed this in your hearts: only the young can run. Only you can run. So reign this land with the purest of intentions, and with the burning fire to serve your people."

Only you can change this flawed system of ours.

So lead our country, youth! ✨