Chapter Twenty-two

☽☾

☽☾

The group had made it back to John B's house with all of them doing their own thing and waiting for John B who had run off somewhere. Lu was sitting by herself on the dock glancing down at her phone. She thought of all the shit she'd been through in the past few weeks. She wanted it to stop. She wanted everything to slow down. She couldn't believe she was starting to see the appeal of oxy now. Leo always seemed so happy, so calm and just himself. She wanted to be more like that; but she knew what she'd have to resort to to be like that. The appeal of Rafe Cameron was something she was starting to see, and she hated it.

She clicked on her text messages seeing Leo hadn't seen her message or even texted back. She was worried about him. She wondered what had happened between him and Serafina. All she wanted was someone to talk to, but she felt like none of them would understand and if they did maybe she was just afraid of their judgement.

"Lu, what's going on?" JJ asked as he sat down beside Lu and he looked down at her lap, seeing her text messages to Leo. "Is Leo okay?" JJ asked.

"Yeah, he's fine." Lu lied as she quickly turned her phone off and shoved it in her pocket.

"You sure? I mean you're acting super fucking weird. Are you becoming like a tumbler girl or something?" JJ asked laughing at his own joke while Lu smiled and looked down at the water.

"No." Lu defended herself. She didn't want to put her problems on JJ, she knew he was already having trouble at home with his dad. He didn't need her own drama added to the mix. "But if I ever decide to, I'll let you know." Lu laughed as she stood up with JJ following in suit and they began to walk down the dock, towards the porch.

"Promise? Cause I gotta know in advance and prepare." JJ exclaimed earning a smile from Lu, he made everything easier.

"Of course." Lu nodded as JJ ran in front of her running for his seat. "The lovebirds are here." Lu sand as she walked over and stood beside Pope as John B and Sarah sat on the couch, sitting at opposite ends of each other as John B ran the idea by them.

"What's she doing here?" Kiara exclaimed as Lu pursed her lips and turned to the side.

"She's going to help us get the gold." John B awkwardly informed Kiara.

"No effing way!' Kiara shouted as she began pacing. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" John B looked to Pope, JJ and Lu for help and Pope shrugged.

"I dunno." Pope spluttered.

"You're on your own cabrón." Lu held her hands up as a sign of defeat, she was not getting involved in this.

"Seriously?" John B sighed.

"I am not getting in the middle of whatever this is." Lu gestured between the three of them. John B then looked to JJ who sighed.