Chapter Eighteen

☽☾

Lu was sitting on the bench at Heyward's when Kiara walked up to her, leaning her back on the bench as they took some time out to relax while helping Pope's dad out. Lu and JJ had come down to hang out and after the events of the previous night they needed some time to relax and just chill out. Lu was dreading this evening where she'd be forced to attend a dinner with the Cameron's.

"Hey, you talked to Antonio yet?" Kiara asked Lu who sighed and looked down at Kiara.

"No, I haven't seen him." Lu shook her head as her eyes landed on JJ who was talking with Pope, the two mucking around while Heyward scolded them for acting like dumbasses. "He's not answering my texts."

"Can you blame him?" Kiara asked causing Lu to snap her head in Kiara's direction. "What? You did leave your date night with him to help JJ who was fine." Kiara pointed out.

"Excuse me for being concerned about my friend." Lu exclaimed, trying to keep her voice as quiet as possible. She didn't want to alert the boys of her current problem.

"Yeah, that's cool and all but seriously, you can't just run off with JJ and not expect him to make assumptions about it." Kiara pointed out, rubbing her arm nervously awaiting the girl's response.

"Okay are you my friend or Antonio's?" Lu asked with a huff.

"Look, I'm just sayin," Kiara held her hands up in defeat while Lu looked away and frowned. "Okay, go get us some milkshakes and go find Antonio and try and talk to him, explain what's going on. Alright?" Kiara asked looking Lu in the eye.

"Fine." Lu sighed jumping off of the bench and walking out of the stood. Lu drew in a deep breath as she walked down the sidewalk, she reached into her pocket, pulling out her pack of cigarettes, she opened it looking inside seeing no cigarettes inside. She mentally cursed as she looked around fighting the urge to mutter a string of curses. Lu smiled at the passing mother who walked with her son as the mother eyed the packet in her hand with disgust. As they passed Lu frowned and decided to make a stop at the convenience store that didn't give a shit how old she was. There was always one.

As she walked down the sidewalk her eyes landed on Antonio and suddenly the she felt her stomach drop at the sight of him. So maybe she felt more guilty for what had gone down between them than she was willing to admit. Her body froze in its place as she saw Antonio in the distance, he was sitting on the park bench with some of his friends, his head was tilted down as he checked the contents of his bag. Lu drew in a sharp breath and walked towards Antonio, forcing a smile. She had to be willing to put her own feelings on the line to make up with him.

"Antonio?" Lu announced her presence, watching as he snapped his head in her direction. His jaw clenched and he looked down to the ground and away from her.