Chapter Thirteen

☽☾

☽☾

They'd made their way back to John B's home safely and they shuffled around his home, getting something to eat, drink or just sitting around waiting for John B to open the package they'd found. Leo checked his phone, no surprise he hadn't gotten any messages, there were only a few places in Outer Banks where he got reception and he hadn't visited any of them. Lu sat on the counter with a beer – the only thing remotely drinkable in John B's home – and a cigarette hanging from her pointer and middle finger. She looked around, her lips tugging into a frown as she watched JJ. She knew she'd probably have to go grocery shopping for him again.

"You okay Leo?" Lu asked looking up at him as he stuffed his phone into his pocket and walked back towards the kitchen where Pope, JJ and Lu were.

"Yeah, left Cassie back at home, I'll be leaving pretty soon to check on her." Leo explained to Lu who nodded understandingly as she took a sip of her beer.

"Man, you're like pussy whipped." JJ laughed as he began to spread old peanut butter on mouldy bread. Lu glanced over at him wrinkling her nose, she shook her head as she brought the cigarette to her lips, taking a drag.

"At least I'm not the one eating mouldy bread." Leo bit back with a smirk set on his lips.

"That's actually disgusting." Lu muttered.

"That bread had mould on it three days ago." Pope stated walking past JJ.

"I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugged. "Plus, mould is good for you. It's just a natural organism." JJ called out as Leo laughed and walked towards the couch, flopping down beside Kiara while Lu shook her head, her body surrounded by a cloud of smoke as she slipped off the counter and stepped past JJ, her body brushing up against his. John B shot her a look and she put the cigarette out. They'd established a rule where Lu was only allowed two cigarettes a day inside of John B's house.

"It's still gross." Lu pointed out as she leaned her head on his bicep and JJ looked back with a small smile, he picked up the sandwich and waved it in Lu's face, Lu quickly backed away, slapping JJ's hand away.

"Come on, take a little bite." JJ laughed as he grabbed a hold of Lu's waist waving the sandwich in Lu's face, pulling her closer as she kept trying to move out of the way. Lu trashed around in JJ's arms trying to keep the sandwich at bay.

"God you're such a dumbass." Lu shouted as her body shook with laughter, trying to push JJ away.

"JJ, Lu." Kiara called out and the two-split apart, walking towards the table, JJ sat down and Lu quickly settled herself down on his lap as she watched John B looking down at the package intensely.

"Hot damn! Let's do it." JJ exclaimed, he took a bite of his sandwich before getting up and Lu quickly stood up getting out of the way as JJ gagged and she then happily sat down on the chair as JJ spat out the mould. JJ made his way back, picking the mould off of the sandwich as John B pulled out a sheet of paper and unfolded it.