Birthday Wish

Enjoy!

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Kale. Happy Birthday to you"

The family and friends sang together.

"Make a wish sweetheart"

Donnie said.

"And don't forget to blow out the candles"

Mikey said. Kale smiled as she thought about a wish and quickly blew out the candles that had 5 candles.

"Yaay!!"

Everyone happily clap for the birthday girl. April and Angel help to cut the cake and pass some around to everyone.

"So Kale what did you wish for?"

Mikey asked curiously. Kale blush as she twirl her hand on her dress.

"I don't know if I should say"

"Come on, it can't be more embarrassing than me and Casey here"

Raph said with his face painted and dressed up like a clown. Kale took a deep breathe and said.

"I wish to have my Mommy back"

With those simple and innocent words caused everyone to stop doing what they are doing and looked to Kale and Donnie.

"Donatello, I think it's time you tell her"

Master Splinter said to Donnie who was speechless. He looked to his Sensei.

"Isn't she a bit too young to know, I mean there is still more time..."

But Master Splinter cut him off.

"Donatello, the more you prolonged the situation the harder it will be to face it. She is no ordinary child, she is yours"

Donnie let out a sad sigh. Kale sadly looked her father.

"Did I say something bad?"

She asked worriedly.

"No you didn't it's just....I think you're old enough to understand why your mother isn't here"

He said as he lift her up in his arms and headed to his bedroom. He gently close the door and sat Kale on the bed as he went to his drawer opening a secret department, there he took out a small chest box. He grabbed it and went to sit beside Kale and open it.

"This is your mother, Gina"

He said handing her a photo. Kale gasp in surprise.

"She's....human, like Uncle Casey and Aunt April. When can I meet her? How did the both of you meet? Why isn't she here?"

She asked with a bright smile. Donnie sadly pulled down his bandana for she can look in his eyes.

"She's not coming and she's never coming"

"What do you mean?"

She asked sadly.

"I met your mother one day when I first saved her from some bad guys. We fell in love....she was my first love and through that love she got pregnant with you but then she just drifted away from me. We planned you, we plan to have a future together"

"What happened?"

Donnie took a deep breathe as he continue.

"She couldn't handle living down here, her opinions about me change and she told me that if I wanted to have you that I can but she wanted no part of it. So when she had you, she left me, left us"

"But people change don't they? Maybe when she sees me then we can be together as a family"

"Kale..."

"Once she gets to know me, she will love me. Everyone loves me"

"Kale hold on a second..."

"She probably misses us..."

"Kale that's enough!"

Donnie yelled sternly causing Kale to freeze as she stared at her father.

"She doesn't want nothing to do with us, what part of that don't you understand, whatever you are thinking it's giving you false hope and that's the last thing you need"

Kale remained quiet as tears gathered in her eyes. Donnie let out a sigh as he stood up and was about to head to the door but Kale spoke up.

"Why? Doesn't she want me? What did I do wrong?"

"I don't know"

He said softly as he placed his hand on the knob.

"Daddy?"

Donnie stop as he waited for her to continue.

"In case you were wondering, it's not because I'm unhappy with you. I asked because it was always in the back of my mind but if I knew it was painful for you to talk about it then I wouldn't have never ask."

She said softly as she wipe away her tears. Donnie moved his hand away and looked back to his daughter.

"I want to show you something"

He said quietly. Together they announced to the others that they will be back later. Everyone agreed to give them some space.

"What are we doing here?"

She asked holding on to her father's back as she held on tight as she had her arms wrapped around his neck as he jump through the rooftops and came to a particular apartment.

"Stay quiet"

He whispered. They went one staircase down and stood beside a window and peeked inside. Kale was surprise to see a women, hugging her son that looked around her age. A man soon walked up to the women and gave her a kiss on the lips. Donnie closed his eyes as he went back to the rooftop. Kale frown as she looked back to the family in the apartment and pulled out the picture of her mother and was surprise to see it was her.

'She looks happy.....without us'

She thought as she made her way  up to the roof to see her father sitting on the edge looking down at the city lights. She made her way to sit down beside him as she rest her head on his side. He let out a sigh as he wrap his arm around her.

"Daddy"

"Yes sweetheart"

"I don't need a mommy. I have you and you have me, that's all we need. We also have Grandpa Splinter, Uncle Raphie, Uncle Mikey, Uncle Leo, Uncle Casey, Uncle Leatherhead, and Aunt April, what more do we need?"

Donnie looked at her with a smile.

"Yeah your right"

"And you know what else"

"What?"

"I've learned that it's not what I have in my life but who I have in my life that counts"

"You really did a lot of reading, haven't you?"

He said with a grin

"I learn from the best. My Daddy, my ninja"

She said with a smile as she lift up his bandana to cover his eyes again.

"Happy Birthday sweetheart"

"Thank you"

A/N Rate and Comment