{9}"You know how today is Halloween?"

I wish it was always like that...

[]±[]

Halloween:

Harry's POV

Everyone was happy that day. Gaining sweets from overs and having the time of their lives. And I was the only one that was out of the joy.

It's my parent's deaths anniversary today... Happy it was Saturday, so I woke up at 6 and spent the rest of the day at the lake. I didn't even eat then. But hey, let's look at the positive!

Malfoy wasn't bothering me much. Ever since the war, he was kind of unsure. Avoiding everyone and so silent it's creepy. I also don't see him around much but that must be because I'm always surrounded by people or on the lake...

Well, the ferret is still here! It's become fond to me I believe. Today we just sat and admired the view for hours on end. Talking about nothing, it snuggled next to me and sat there.

So there are the positives!

I then started a one-way conversation hoping to escalate into an even better mood than I already am.

"You know how today's Halloween?" I started.

They poped there head up to mine to make eye contact. Then nodded ever so slightly.

I was startled as to how a random ferret knew what Halloween was. Well, its Hogwarts after all, I shouldn't be shocked.

"Well, I already told you that my parents died and such..." I mumbled the last part.

"17 years ago they died exactly today..."

Draco's POV

I didn't know how to react. Like I feel bad, especially that it's Halloween, but what can I do?

I can't comfort him with words as ferrets can't talk.

I can't hug him as ferrets have tiny hands so it's physically impossible. Damn these ferrets!

And I can't just become Draco Malfoy out of nowhere as he'll be hysterical that he was talking to a wizard which was just in his animagus form all the time. Especially that it was THE Draco Malfoy.

So I climbed on to his shoulder whilst he whimpered quietly staring off to the night, the silence of it swallowing the sounds into thin air.

[]±[]

The ninth chapter is out! Hope you like it. Comment, share and vote!

Question: do you like quarantine or social distancing? I do.