V2 Ch6: Burden of the Blade

Começar do início

Y/n pulled up his facemask, the bright silver emblem shining menacingly, as his piercing silver eyes scanned the rows of students intensely through the gap between his mask and hat.

Y/n: "I could go for a fight. Who's up for it?"

He called out to the crowd of students, wondering who would step forth. He saw plenty of antsy students. Unsurprisingly, Yang was tapping her foot as she contemplated whether or not she should hop down there. Y/n was a tough customer, and she knew he would be a great fight.

Mercury Blacks' steel grey eyes scanned Y/n carefully, as the cold crimson eyes of his partner, Emerald Sustrai did exactly the same.

He spoke to her in a hushed tone, not removing his eyes from the boy

Mercury: "It ain't the 'invincible girl' but we havent seen him in action yet. Should I take a crack at him?"

Emerald studied Y/n closer for a moment, concentrating. Thinking. She was curious about the boy. The one time she had encountered him was when she, Mercury and Cinder had bumped into the duo in the halls. Ruby saw nothing strange about the three of them, but Y/n...

He had regarded all three of them with steely eyes. A piercing gaze that screamed at her, 'You cant fool me.' It pissed her off. She wanted to try something...but she would wait.

Emerald: "Eh, go for it. Hes an unknown. We need information."

Mercury allowed his regular cocksure grin to slide onto his face.

Mercury: "Showtime..."

He went to stand up and challenge the boy...

But was rudely interrupted...

Pyrrha: "Actually, if it's no trouble, I'd love to fight Y/n!"

And there she was, the invincible girl herself, Pyrrha. She stepped politely towards the ring with a cheerful and excited smile on her face. Goodwitch, raised an eyebrow in slight questioning.

Glynda: "Are you quite sure Mrs. Nikos? You did just complete a fight."

Pyrrha did not dismiss her smile for a millisecond, stepping completely into the ring now.

Pyrrha: "Its no trouble at all! I've got plenty of fight in me!"

Y/n smiled under his mask at the thought of fighting Pyrrha, rolling his shoulders in anticipation, hopping slightly in place as he struggled to contain his excitement.

Y/n: "Oooh, steppin up Pyrrha? Fixin' to take a crack at shadows are ya?"

Pyrrha stepped into position opposite him as she calmly drew her spear and shield from her back relaxing her stance as she locked eyes with the living darkness across from her.

Pyrrha: "I must admit, our encounter in the cafeteria got me interested. I've been excited to see what would happen if we really fought eachother."