Arrests and apologies

Luke's P.O.V:

I was planning on staying inside for the rest of the week, unless Mikey pulled me out again. However, I was running low on food, so had to drive to go shopping. I listened to 'I Miss You' by Blink 182 in the car, and while trying to not to cry, I noticed flashing lights to my right.

A police car was standing outside Jake's house, and an officer was putting handcuffs around his wrists. I instantly pulled over and got out of my car. I soon realized that my father was with the other officer.

"Dad?" I asked.

He walked over. "Alright, son." He nodded.

"What happened?"

"Well, turns out your friend here-"

"He is not my friend." I spat.

"Well, I've seen you around him. Nonetheless, turns out he was the one who committed the murder, Ashton didn't do anything wrong, you see."

"Excuse me?! So-so you were wrong?"

"We were able to collect more evidence, and statements from the witnesses which took a while. Sorry, son."

"I just-I need to go."

"Alright. Don't want you getting a ticket for parking on a double yellow, eh?"

I snickered and ran to my car. I couldn't believe it. Ashton was completely innocent, so all I put myself through, all I put him through, was pointless.

As soon as I got inside the vehicle, I drove back around the corner and pulled over, ignoring my father's advice. I took out my phone and called the one person who I kept ignoring.

"Hello?"

"Hi Ashton." I sighed.

"Luke, I am so sorry. You have to understand I didn't-"

"We need to talk. Could you, uh, come around mine?"

"Yes. Yes! I'll be there in ten." He replied, almost desperately.

**************

I was sitting on the sofa when I heard the largely anticipated sound of a knock at my front door. I rushed to open it, and when I did, there he was.

Ashton was standing right on front of me, looking perfect as always, with a Fall Out Boy top and black jeans that were hugging his legs.

"Hi...um, come in." I coughed awkwardly and stepped aside.

Ashton walked inside my flat and turned to look at me expectantly.

"I um...I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm sorry." Ashton interrupted me.

"No. Just, let me. I saw Jake being arrested."

Ashton gasped in response.

"I-I know it wasn't you. And I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, but it was hard not to." I admitted. "I don't know exactly what happened that day, and it would help if I did..."

Ashton nodded. "C-Can we sit down?"

"Yeah." I sighed, and we settled on the couch in the living room as Ashton began talking.

"I was still with Jake. I knew he was going to break into that shop, so I-I tried to stop him. When he was already there, I tried convincing him to not do it, but he wouldn't listen. I don't know how, but he ended up shooting the owner, and I was the one that stayed. I called the ambulance, but it was too late." He was crying. "I-I tried to help, but he was d-d-d...." Ashton trailed off at the end of the sentence. "In the end, I got blamed for it, for everything. And Jake, he wouldn't let me leave him. But I saw him cheating, and he knew, so he let me go." Tears were strolling down his cheeks.

I embraced him in a hug. "I'm sorry, Ashy." I whispered and kissed the top of his head.

"No, I-I'm sorry." He wept into my chest. "I sh-should have t-told you earlier."

"It's okay now. You're safe, you're with me."

He looked up. "I love you, L-Luke."

"I love you too Ashybear."

THE END

*************

~A/N- Yup, it's over! I was going to add more chapters with drama, but felt it was unnecessary. I hope you liked it anyway! Thank you so much for reading, ilysm. ~