Files and denial

Luke's P.O.V:

"Son, I need to see you as soon as possible."

"Dad? Why?"

"This is very important Luke, I need to tell you something."

"Then tell me."

"No. Just come around as quick as you can."

"As in now?"

"No, in three years." He said sarcastically. "Yes now!"

"Okay, Okay! I'm coming!" I hung up. "Jeez."

What was so important that it was worth driving an hour for, just for my dad to tell me something?

I was very anxious on the way to my parents house, thinking of all the possibilities. It could be anything, it's not as if my father was exactly precise. Could it have something to do with Ashton? I noticed that at the dinner last night, he seemed really nervous, too nervous. My dad wasn't any better. He said he recognized Ashton from somewhere, yet Ashton kept denying it.

I decided to put on Fall Out Boy in the car, I borrowed CD from Ashton, as he said initially showed me the band. I loved their music, and I swear Patrick Stump had the most amazing voice ever.

"They say the captain goes down with the ship

So when the world ends

Will God go down with it?" I sang along to the lyrics and soon realized that I was nearing my parent's house. When I was there, I hopped out of my car, locking it before knocking on the front door.

"Hello son. Come in." My father said solemnly as he opened the door.

I walked into the house and shook off my black Vans. "So what was so important that I had to drive here for you to tell me?"

"Why don't you sit down, and I can uh, tell you."

We walked into the living room and I sat at the dining table. Suddenly, a brown folder with a police badge logo was slapped onto the table in front of me.

"Wh-what is this?"

"Open it."

So I did. I opened the folder to reveal a piece of paper with a photo of Ashton's face on it. Below the photo were his details, and a list of his suspected crimes:

Major theft : 1

Murder : 1

"What?" I whispered, with a tear rolling down my cheek.

"That's why I thought I recognized him. A few months ago, there was a robbery of the jewellery shop a few roads away, the owner was killed. We still don't have enough evidence to arrest him, but he is the strongest suspect."

I was crying by now, and shaking violently. "N-no. No no no."

***************

~A/N: Sorry? On the side is a gif from my fave 5sos interview :) ~