"That you're beautiful," Anakin says, his gaze not leaving the droid.

Not knowing how to react, I keep walking toward the ship we will be taking to Naboo. Anakin, Padme, and Artoo follow quickly.

"Suddenly, I'm afraid," Padme says

"I'm kinda scared too. This is my first assignment on my own." He says. I clear my throat, reminding him of my presence. "Without Obi Wan, I mean" he corrects himself

"That's better" I mutter to myself 

"There's nothing to worry about. We have Artoo with us" Padme jokes and Anakin joins in on her laughter.

Truthfully, I did not find the joke that funny.

We make our way onto a small ship next to a large star freighter that we will be travelling on to Naboo. Anakin inspects it while I sit and wait with Padme.

"I thought we were travelling on the starfreighter to blend in?" Padme questions.

"We were, but the Council changed their mind. This will remove any threats to you on the journey to Naboo" I explain.

"Anakin's idea?" She asked

"Mine, actually," I tell her. It's true. I did not see it safe for Padme to travel in the presence of such an abundance of people. She could easily be hurt. Although we would stand out more in our own ship, it would prove to be safer in the long run.

"I'd like to apologise for my behaviour last night." she says unexpectedly "I understand you were simply trying to help. You did not deserve my attitude"

I honestly didn't expect this from her but I welcomed the apology.

"Thank you, M'Lady" I smile "I, too, apologise for my choice of words. I was slightly out of my comfort zone last night"

"Because of Anakin?" she raises an eyebrow. I remain silent, "Come on, (Y/N), it's obvious you have feelings for him"

"Truthfully I don't know what to say" I blurt out honestly

She giggles "Don't worry, your secret is safe with me"

"Thank you, M'Lady"

"Please," she places a hand on my shoulder "call me Padme."

"Thank you, Padme" I correct myself.

"So, you want to tell me what's going on between the two of you?"

"Nothing is. I first met him 7 years ago in the courtyard of the Temple. He was arrogant and I was obnoxious, so I dared him to do something dangerous. Long story short, he nearly died but I managed to save him. Last night was the first time I'd seen him since that day"

She laughs as she visualises the scenario.

"I've known Ani since he was 9 years old on Tatooine. He asked me if I were an angel, likely because I was the first female he had seen apart from his mother." She pauses, "The way he has been looking at you today is like nothing I've seen from him before, even when he thought he was looking at a literal angel."

My heart skips a beat at her words, but I do my best to push aside my feelings. 

"That's the problem, Padme. Love is forbidden for Jedi. Any type of attachment or possession is. If he actually did return these feelings I have, we could never let anything happen." My heart breaks a little as I fully comprehend what I had just said.

"Jedi or not, I'm sure the two of you will work everything out" Padme moves her hand to mine in an attempt to comfort me

Anakin walks in and immediately notices Padme's hand on my mine.