Chapter 35

hapter 35

"I can't believe he did that,'' Sarah said. I just got finished telling everything that happened to me and what happened today. I stayed quiet, not really knowing what to say. "Are you okay?'' she asked. I signed, looking at her, "truthfully, no. I don't know what to do anymore. Sam is pissed off at me and he has the right, but what if he wants to leave me... I-I don't know what to do if he does, I don't know what to do if he doesn't love me anymore. I'll be lost without him". In the back of my head I heard Snow whining, thinking of a life without Sam is too much for me and her. "I should get back" I said, getting up. Sarah got up and hugged me, telling me everything is gonna be okay. "Call me at anytime" I shook my head and walked in the woods shifting.

I made it to the house, quietly going up stairs to check on Sam, luckily his still asleep, not knowing I left in the middle of the night. I bet he doesn't even care. I went downstairs, in the kitchen feeling a bit hungry. I cooked some eggs and sat down thinking. Once I was finished I got up and did the dishes, when I heard movement up the stairs. Well time to face the music.

SAM'S POV
I woke up, feeling Claire's side, but all I felt was the coldness and emptiness on her side. I sat up straight, ignoring the massive headache I have and looked around the room. I can tell she hadn't been in the room for a while, but she is in the house. I got up, finding that I was still in my clothes from yesterday, what the hell happened. I thought back, only remembering pieces, the one that stuck out was when Claire told me what happened to her and that all.

Did I hurt her... is that why she is in bed with me. By then, I started freaky out, praying that I didn't do anything stupid. "Calm down" my wolf said. "How can I calm down, Asher, what if I hurt Claire". "You didn't hurt her, physically," he said. Physically? What does that mean? "Asher... what are you talking about"? I asked, but I got no response. I threw my head back and went downstairs, with my head still hurting me, man what happened last night. I followed her scent to the kitchen. I watched her wash dishes, I can tell something is wrong with her, but I didn't know what. This is when I wished I marked her the first day I saw her. I stepped into the kitchen, ready to go up behind her and hug her, but before I could do that she moved to a cabinet and to the fridge.

She sat down a bottle of water and some Advil, "here, you probably need this to help with your hangover". She said softly. "Hangover"? I asked curiously, moving towards the Advil, hangover or not my head is killing me. Claire looked at me like I've grown two heads. "You don't remember last night, do you?" She said/asked, by the time of her voice I can tell She's getting pissed off. "All I remember is what you told me what happened to you" I replied, clutching my fist, trying not to think about it. "Well,'' she began, "after you left, you showed up about midnight drunk off your ass". I was about to say something, but she beat me to it. "You must've had fun, since it's very hard for werewolves to get drunk". She turned around and started walking out of the room.

I quickly stopped her, she looked down and pulled her arm from my hand. "Claire, I'm sorry I left and got drunk". I raised my hand to touch her face, but she quickly moved. "I'm not mad that you got drunk, hell, I could care less" she snared. "Then why are you mad" "If I have to tell you, then you don't deserve to apologise to me". She walked up the stairs, slamming the door shut when she got in our room. What the hell did I do last night? I got my phone, which was luckily in my pocket and called Sarah, already knowing that Claire talked to her.

"Well, look your's up" Sarah said though the phone. "Sarah, do you know what happened last night"? I asked, hoping she knows. "Yea, I know what you did". What I did? "What do you mean"? I asked desperately. "I don't know if I should tell you. It was a private conversation, plus if you don't know what you did, then you shouldn't apologise". She just quoted Claire... "Please Sarah, I was drunk, I don't know what happened". There was a moment of silence, then a sigh. "Okay, if I tell you, you can not tell tell Claire I told you, okay". I was about to say 'okay' when Sarah started telling me what Claire told her.

Claire POV

I was pacing, mad and upset, not really a good combination right now. I know I shouldn't have got mad at him. No, no, that's not true, I should be mad at him. He left me alone for hours after I told him that, he should've stayed and we should've talked about it, and he had the nerve to say it's my fault. I stopped pacing when I heard the door open, I looked up, seeing Sam walking in looking guilty. He must know what happened. I turned around, not wanting to face him, "Claire..." he started. "I don't want to hear it". I lied, I actually do want him to apologise. "Love, please, let me explain". I felt him coming closer, he put his hand on my shoulder, turning me around. I looked up, seeing the sadness and hurt in his eyes.

I kept quiet, not knowing what to say, he looked at me with hope in his eyes, "ok, fine, you can explain". He smiled and began to speak, "I know what I did was wrong, but you have to understand, what you told me, I just couldn't handle it". I looked at him like he grew two heads. "What do you mean you can't fucking handle? you didn't live, I had too, for weeks. I had to go through that pain, and you got mad when I told you what happened. You left me alone, I needed you... I needed you to tell that it was okay, but no you told me it was my fault... I already know it was my fault, I tell myself that every single day, and I hoped that you would tell me that it wasn't, but you didn't. You blamed me! Do you know how I felt when you said that"? I turned to walk away from him, not wanting to see him.

He grabbed my hand, turning back around. Looking at him, all I want to do is yell at him and just cry at the same time. "Love-". "Don't call me that". I yelled at him trying to get away. I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes. I wanted to say that I was sorry that I didn't mean it, but I was just so mad so upset that, right now I didn't care about his feelings. "I'm sorry, I don't know why I got so mad. I know I should've stayed here with you, that we should've talked about it, that I should've comfort you. Please forgive me. '' I looked into his eyes, I can see he actually means it. "Sam," I said quietly, "since I came back, that place still haunts me, I still have memories. The only thing that kept me from killing myself was you, I thought you will support me, tell me everything was gonna be okay. I guess I was wrong". I started walking out the door, trying not to cry. When I reach the door I stopped, hoping Sam was gonna stop me, but I walked out without hearing a peep from him.

SAM'S POV

I just stood there, watching her walk out the door. I wanted to run after her, to kiss her and tell her I loved her, but my feet just didn't move. I caused her so much me, and I wasn't the one who didn't hurt her physically. I sat down on the bed, not knowing what to do. "Don't just sit here, you idiot. Mate needs us! Ace yelled at me. I got up and ran outside, trying to catch up with her. I looked around when I got a glimpse of a white tail. "She's in wolf form" "Nah shit Sherlock." I said to my wolf. I quickly ran into the woods, swifting in my wolf, following her scent.

I ran for a couple of miles when I spotted her walking slowly with her head down. I jogged up to her, stopping in front of her. She stopped, looking at me, she tried to go around me, but I blocked her way. She sat down, not looking at me, I walked closer to her, putting my head under her chin. I stepped backwards hoping she wasn't gonna ran away. She stepped back, going behind a tree, I did the same. Once stepped out, Claire was there looking up at me. All I saw was sadness in her eyes, and it kills me that I'm the one who made her sad. Without thinking I went up to her and hugged her. After a moment she hugged me back putting her face in my chest. "I am so sorry, Love. I never meant to hurt you," I whispered. She nodded her head, I pulled her closer kissing her head. Thanking the moon goddess she didn't leave me.