Birthday.

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.

- Christina Rossetti

* * * * *

Time passed by in a blur and it was Tuesday today. The day before Samanvitha was supposed to meet up with Lucifer. And today was Sarayu's birthday. Toady was Samanvitha's best friend's birthday. After a lot of pleading and requesting her mother to let her apply for leave and giving lots of excuses to Mr. Kamal, she was granted leave. Yes, Smanvitha still asks her mother permission to take a day off. 

Anyways, today Sam was extremely happy. Due to being busy with matters of her new project in the office and her issues concerning Aaradhna and Lucifer, she did not spend sufficient time with her friends. So today, she decided to spend the whole day with them. Well, till 7 in the evening at least. So, at 6 early in the morning, Sam woke up, got ready hurriedly, bid her parents bye and rushed to Sarayu's house which was a walk able distance from her house. When she saw the time it was only 7. After wishing Latha aunty and Shekar uncle, Sarayu's parents, Sam went into Sarayu's room to wake up a sleeping Sarayu who is clutching her pillow like a panda. Though Sam had a very mischievous plan to wake Sarayu up, she decided to put them to halt as it was her birthday.

Very softly, Sam called Sarayu to wake up, who in response snuggled more into her pillow. So, taking a deep breath, Sam shouted into Sarayu's ear. Sarayu, who abruptly woke up and tried scrambling away from the noise, fell down the bed. Seeing this Sam erupted into full blown laughter. That morning both the girls spent chasing each other and goofing around. After that Sarayu freshened up and both of them headed to a nearby cafe when all the friends planned on meeting up. After a lot of photos and food, they decided to move their 'party' to a movie theater. All of them planned to watch a Thriller. Of course the movie was amazing. By the time the movie was done, it was already 4. So, they decided to go to Sarayu's house. 

There, Latha Aunty had already baked a cake and was waiting for them. All the neighbourhood kids and then there was a happy cake - cutting. As everyone started to leave, even the other members to their group took leave, leaving Sam and Sarayu there. Sam and Sarayu had planned to have a sleepover tonight. 

As the night progressed, Sarayu showed her utter displeasure over Sam keeping secrets from her best friend. And that is how, Sam launched into the full action and adventure packed story of her experiences with Lucifer Brandt from how they met to his relationship with Aaradhna to race to the prison to the stalking and to the planned luch meet up the next day. Being a frequent visitor to Sam's house, Sarayu knows Aaru very well and also the other members of the Dhoophdar family. After listening to the story, Sarayu was silent for a moment and then turned to Sam with utter seriousness and said, "Look Sammy, I love you and all but remember when you decide to flee away with Lucifer for your Marriage - because obviously he's a christian and Aunty won't agree, I am not going to help you?"

Hearing this Sam was very puzzled, "What the hell do you mean by my marriage with Lucifer? Why on earth would I marry him? And how did you even get the thought?"

"Sam, Have you ever been this reckless when you were with any of us? You were always the mother hen and stopped us from doing something reckless. Always saying - This could get you into trouble. That could get you into trouble. But after you met him, you rode a motor bike back of an almost stranger, went to a race though you declined when we practically pleaded you to come with us, tried to stalk him, agreed to met an almost stranger for lunch. You tell me why should I think you don't like him?"

"I may have been reckless but doesn't mean I will marry him. He probably even has a girlfriend or may be he is married. And whatever I did with him was only for Aaru. Nothing else"

"Sure what ever floats your boat. Anyways, what did Nora say about him?"

"Nora... She said that she knows about him and his sister being Aaru's mother. Lucifer has only asked for permission to meet up with the girl whenever he is in the city and sometimes to take her to his mother and asked one of them to accompany her if they want. And they agreed"

"Oh! Anyway how is Mr. Viraj Mehta?" Sarayu asked wiggling her eyebrows and that is how they fell into a conversation about Viraj Mehta and how hot he looks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning, though Sam only wanted to sleep the day off, she went to her office. After doing a little bit of paperwork and working on a few sketches for the project, it was already lunch time. Then, Sam remembered her plan to meet up with Lucifer. She hurriedly left to the cafe, they decided to meet up at.

By the time she reached their allotted table, Lucifer had already arrived and speaking to someone over phone.

"Okay baby, I got to go. I'll talk to you later", he said into the receiver before cutting the call.

Hearing him call someone baby, she felt an unsettling feeling set into her. She didn't understand why though. Deciding to ignore it, she took a seat opposite to him.

"So, lets order something. I am famished" Lucifer said seeing her.

"Sure"

A waiter came but Lucifer sent him off, taking his time to select what to order.

"I am a father." Lucifer suddenly blurted out.

* * * * *

Hey fellas!

Surprise! 

Hope you all are doing fine?

How do you think will Samanvitha react to Lucifer's sudden announcement?

Do vote, share and comment!

Feel free to share you views about the plot.

A quick question - 

What is you best memory on a friend's birthday?

Love

Sanjana and Sana❤