𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐁𝐘𝐄

It has been five days since everything went down in Paris

It has been five days since everything went down in Paris. The plane ride back to Italy was rather melancholy as Lucia's brain reeled through every moment spent together with Timothée. From the time he took her to his special spot or to the time they rode their bikes through Lodi, every memory was beautiful. Well except for that last night in Paris, it tainted those beautiful memories spent with Timmy.

When Lucia arrived home she simply couldn't keep it together anymore. She practically fell crying into both brothers' arms. Giovanni knew better than telling her 'I told you so'; although, he was tempted to once or twice while comforting his little sister. Andrea sat next to his sister shocked by the whole situation. Lucia refused to tell her brother's what really happened. She felt it was best to leave the details out and just explain that it didn't work out.

So there sat Lucia in her room by the window staring out into her Nonna's vineyard watching the sun set behind the grassy hills out in the distance. The sunlight casted golden streaks onto the lemon trees making them shimmer. Tomorrow morning Lucia would be leaving to go back to the U.S. and her summer spent in Italy would be only distant memories.

Lucia told Timothée never to contact her again once the plane landed in Italy. In the moment when she said it she meant it, but now as she sat in her room alone she wanted to see him one more time. Even if it was just one last time, she wanted to see the boy. However, Lucia knew everything happened for a reason and maybe this was God's way of telling her that Timmy and her could never make it work.

Lucia found herself walking through the vineyard feeling the branches between her fingertips and the cool summer breeze kissing her cheeks. The sun had set and fireflies began to come out, dancing around in the darkened sky. Grasshoppers chirped in the tall grass humming a tune that they only understood. An anger began to boil inside Lucia as she cursed the boy with curly hair under her breath for making her fall in love with him. Why did he have to go and ruin something that was so perfect?

Her thoughts were interupted by someone clearing their voice behind her. Lucia startled whips her head around seeing the outline of the boy she had craved to see once more. "What are you doing here?", she spat trying to conceal her emotions.

"I needed to see you once more before you left to go back to the U.S.", he calmly says stepping closer to her.

"I told you I never wanted to see you again", she defiantly says turning her back to him.

"Oh come on Lucia, you can't stay mad at me forever", Timmy pleds.

"Besides what kind of person sneaks up on a girl in the dark. Mind you, her own property", Lucia retorts ignoring Timmy's comment.

A snicker escapes Timmy's lips, "I didn't want two older brothers beating me up."

"You'd deserve it though."

"I would deserve it", Timmy agrees.

Lucia feels the corners of her lips begin to quiver as she fights back the urge to smirk. She finally turns around to look at Timmy placing a hand on her hip waiting for him to speak.

"I'm not here for your forgiveness", he begins slowly saying.

"Well good because you wouldn't get any", Lucia cuts in.

"I'm here to explain myself since you wouldn't let me in Paris", he sighs to himself. "I didn't tell you the whole story because I was ashamed of myself Lucia. I know that's a shitty excuse, but I couldn't bear telling you the real truth because that isn't who I am. I never forgave myself for what happened that night, and I didn't want to dwell on it any longer. I'm sorry I wasn't upfront with you. I'm realizing now that maybe I should have been and things would be different between us now", he breathes out.

"I understand where you are coming from", Lucia sighs taking the boy by surprise. "But, if it wasn't for what happened in Paris that ruined us, something else would have. This wouldn't have worked anyways Timothée", she lies.

"Love is never easy or clear cut Lucia. It isn't perfect. Relationships have their ups and downs. You can't expect everything to be a fairytale", he argues.

"Yeah, but it's also important to be realistic Timothée. We weren't being realistic. I wasn't being realistic", Lucia whispers the last part to herself.

"I just can't give up on us like this Lucia. I refuse to believe that there is anyone else out there for me. You make me feel alive. You make me feel wanted", he admits inching closer towards Lucia.

Lucia can feels her body start to quiver, aching to touch Timothée's body, to touch his lips. Lucia's brain said to resist, but her heart said just give in already. Timothée cautiously begins to lean in towards Lucia's lips. He waits for her to pull away, but instead she closes her eyes waiting for him to finally seal the kiss.

Timmy wastes no time to close the space between the two as he crashes his lips onto hers. He is forceful, but delicate on her soft pink lips. Timmy savors the moment knowing that this will probably be the last. He moves his lips with hers in perfect harmony trying to express just how sorry he was through the kiss.

Lucia can feel her heart thumbing through her chest and the hairs on the back of her neck sticking up as the boy caresses her face. A moan involuntarily escapes her mouth in satisfaction as her body knows it has gone too long without his touch. She can feel warm liquid skim down her cheeks. Is that her tears or Timmy's?

Timmy pulls away resting his forehead on hers for a moment taking a mental picture of this moment. He wanted to remember it forever. The kiss breaks Lucia's trance, and she immediately pulls away from the boy. She begins to feel more liquid on her cheeks. Oh they are my tears.

"Timmy..", she breathes out shaking her head.

The boy bows his head in acceptance. Timmy knew what was coming next, and he wasn't prepared for it. "Lucia, I know what you are going to say. Just please don't", he whispers almost inaudibly.

Lucia sighs sucking in her bottom lip feeling a pain of guilt strike her in the chest. "I will always love you Timothée", she whispers back.

"For life?", Timmy blinks quickly look up at her before gulping hard to fight the urge to cry.

"For life", Lucia reassures him as she stretches out a hand in agreement.

"For life", he states extending his hand out to shake hers.

Both Lucia and Timmy spend their last night together in Northern Italy sitting in silence staring up at the stars wishing and dreaming of the time where maybe, just maybe, they could get their fairytale happy ending. But Lucia knew, as a realist of course, that this would he the last moments spent with Timmy. And as of Timothée, he had not given up on his love yet for Lucia. No, because like all good love stories, he knew you can't go down without a fight.

A/N:
wow the end of part three😢 this chapter had me in my feels writing it lol!

Only one more part (a few chapters) until this story is over :( what do you think will happen?