𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

The car ride to Timothée's house was silent

The car ride to Timothée's house was silent. After Giovanni had his talk with Timmy he could not stop thinking about what he said. Don't promise things you can't keep. You are bound to hurt her. These thoughts taunted Timmy's mind. Although, Timmy knew he had strong feelings for Lucia; he was terrified of the what if possiblity. Timmy was terrified that she would find out the little details he left out when telling her about his past.

Timmy knew he was no longer that same 16 year old boy, but the thought of the full story being uncovered haunted him. He didn't want to scare her away or more importantly to think he was a terrible person.

Lucia could sense unease in Timmy. His whole persona had changed from earlier. "What did my brother say to you?", she asks looking ahead at the road.

Timmy bites his lip studying the side of Lucia's face quickly before turning his attention back to the road. "Uh you know the usual. Just telling me not to hurt you and shit", he says gripping the wheel tighter.

Lucia scoffs, "Really? That's all he said?"

"Yes, I swear that's all he said", Timmy says hastily.

Lucia sighs taking in a deep breath. She doesn't say a word she just stares ahead. Lucia knew their was more to the picture. She just wasn't sure what it was yet. Lucia decided to drop the topic because trying to force the information out of Timmy wouldn't work; she just hoped he would tell her on his own.

Finally, they pull up to Timmy's home which was nothing Lucia expected it to be. It's this enormous Italian Villa with old cobblestone walls with dark turquoise shutters. The house was surrounded by big beautiful trees stretching their limbs out to shade the grass below. Lucia knew Timmy had money but not this much money.

Timmy parks his car stopping for a moment. He licks his lips turning towards the brunette besides him. "I'm sorry for being snippy with you. It's just I'm new to this whole thing. It may seem as if I know what I'm doing, when in fact I'm terrified. All I know is I really like you. I don't want to screw it up", he worriedly rushes out.

A small smile spreads across Lucia's lips. She extends her hand to run her fingers through his hair and down the side of his cheek where Lucia's hand stops. "It's okay, I understand Gio probably said something to try and scare you off or overthink the situation. I'm new to all of this too. I never fell for someone an ocean apart from me. What I do know is we both really like one another. I just want to enjoy the rest of summer with you, and when the time comes for me to leave we will figure that out, together."

"You amaze me with everything you say. Thank you", Timmy coos leaning over to kiss her lips delicately. He lets his lips linger for a moment before pulling away.

Timmy and Lucia both get out of his car walking up to his house to head inside. Lucia was feeling a little apprehensive about meeting his parents for the first time. Normally, Lucia had no issue meeting parents for the first time, but she wanted to make a good first impression. Once the two enter the house Lucia is taken away by the inside of the house being grander than the outside.