𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒

Start from the beginning

"Woaw your house is beautiful", she says in awe looking around. Red patterned carpets lined the colorful stoned floor, the walls were painted a pale yellow which extended into high ceilings with carvings surrounding a renaissance painting. The room came together with a beautiful chandelier with crystals hanging on it.

"Uh, thanks. My dad wanted to keep the original structure of the house", he says awkwardly. Timmy was never one to brag about his family being weathly. He normally found himself becoming awkward whenever attention was draw to that wealth.

"Mom! Dad! I'm home. I brought someone for you to meet", he yells walking towards the kitchen with Lucia following close behind him holding onto his arm.

"Darling, in here", a women's voice echos deeper in the house. Timmy and Lucia walk into the kitchen where a shorter woman with brunette hair stood. Lucia noted that Timmy looked so much like his mother.

"Ciao Mamma", Timmy smiles walking over to kiss the top of her head. Lucia stands in place shyly grabbing her elbow with her right hand.

"Ciao, mio bellissimo ragazzo (hello, my beautiful boy)", she hums wrapping her arm around his slim waist to hug him. Timmy's mom then turns her attention towards Lucia her eyes perking up at the girl. "You must be Lucia! It's so nice to meet you finally!", she exclaims pulling Lucia in for a hug.

Lucia is taken back by her friendly gesture but hugs back. "È così bello conoscerti, Mrs. Chalamet (it is so nice to meet you)", she smiles. Timmy's and Mrs. Chalamet's eyes widen they look back and forth sharing the same looks of surprise.

"Timothée non mi ha detto che parlavi italiano?(Timothée didn't tell me you spoke Italian)", Mrs. Chalamet says impressed.

"Non l'ho detto neanche a me (I didn't tell him either)", Lucia giggles lightly. "Conosco solo un po. Non sono perfetto (I only know a little. I am not perfect)."

"È ancora impressionante (it is still impressive)", Timmy interjects. Timmy was very impressed to say the least. Lucia shakes her head thanking him.

"Sí, molto impressionante! Per favore, chiamami Nicole (yes, very impressive! please call me Nicole)", she beams pulling away from the hug. "My, my Timothée said you were beautiful... He wasn't kidding."

Lucia bites down on her lip feeling her cheeks turn crimson red from the compliment. She was not sure on how to reply, so she gave Nicole a courteous 'thank you.' If looks could kill, Timmy's would; he could not stand the embarrassment his mom put him through.

"Where is dad?", Timmy questions changing the subject.

"Oh, he is outside setting the table for dinner! Why don't you go introduce Lucia and him." Nicole insists while she heads to the stove to tend to the meal she was preparing.

Timmy nods spinning on the back of heel to head outside but grabs Lucia's hand intertwining their fingers. Lucia smiles to herself following behind him. The two head out into the backyard which were filled of lemon and orange trees. Lucia's nose is immediately filled with an aroma of citrus mixed with the cool refreshing summer air.

In the distance stood a taller man who seemed to be the same height as Timmy or a little taller. His hair was a silver grey, and he had dark thick eyebrows with icy blue eyes.

"My boy! Timmy I was wondering where you have been all day", he booms happily patting his son on the back with a wide smile. "Lucia, it is a pleasure to meet you!", he quickly says turning to pull her in for a hug.

Once again Lucia is shocked at how friendly Timmy's parents are, but smile at how genuine they already seemed. She noted that Timmy got his smile from his father. "It's wonderful to meet you!"