8 - Lie

Harue's P.O.V

Today I waited for Oba for longer than yesterday. I looked at everyone else leave with their mom or dad.

I walk closer to the gate when I hear a recognizable voice. "Oba!" I jump into her arms and look up at the man that stood next her.

"Yamato!"

"Hey Haru-kun." He smiles at me ruffling my hair. "How was school?"

We begin walking home as I tell him about my day. School was really fun so far. Although Haruna Oba told me that I also have to work hard in my studies.

"I learned some new kanji today! And they're in my homework too."

"Wow! You're already learning kanji?" Haruna Oba asks me impressed. I puff my chest out l with pride as I nod. "Yup."

"Yamato and his wife Fumiko invited us for dinner later. You excited?" Oba nudged me chuckling.

"Yay!"

Before we go inside Oba and Yamato talk a little outside. I saw a cat hide in some bushes near the entrance. I went after it.

When I finally caught up to it I see it crawl onto a girls lap.

She looked around my age and she had long black hair.

I approach her. "Is that your cat?"

"No." She shakes her head. "He kinda just lives in the neighborhood."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Do you go to school around here?" She asks.

"Yeah." I stop and tell her the name of my school.

"Oh I think that's close to my school. I see other kids with uniform walk home from the street ahead."

"Harue?" I hear my name being called.

"I have to go. Also, do you live around here?"

"Yeah this building here."

"Ok then I guess I will see you again." She nods.

I run back to Oba and Yamato and we go into the apartments. Oba and I change into casual clothes and head over to Yamato's home. She let me push the buzzer because she had her hands full with bags.

"Come in." Fumiko opens the door for us with a kind smile. "Haruna, why did you insist upon us cooking together?"

Oba answers laughing. "Well, I want to see how bad at cooking you are."

We walk in to see a nice big black couch with a big TV. Beyond that the kitchen and a hallway.

Haruna Oba was very good at cooking. I liked her omurice the best. I wonder what we would eat today?

"Yamato...what are we going to eat?" I ask him tugging on his sleeve while he took out ingredients from Oba's bags. He smiles at me and pats my head. "It's a surprise."

All three of them begin cooking. Yamato let me watch the TV while I waited. The anime that everyone talked about at school was on. It was really cool.

A yummy smell came from the kitchen followed by my stomachs growl. I walk towards the kitchen and sit on one of the chairs at the table.

"Almost ready Haru-kun." Fumiko reassures me.

I nod and get up to watch them cook. They worked really well as a team.
----------------
Haruna's P.O.V.

Yamato was surprisingly good at cooking. I mean, he's a fucking professional. His cooking skill was better than mine and Fumiko's combined.

Fumiko's struggled but she wasn't that bad. She told me she couldn't cook for her life. So exaggerated.

We were almost preparing like, a feast. I guess you can say we were celebrating the first day of school? I finish pouring the water out of the noodles that I had cooked before the phone begins ringing.

It was right next to me. I looked back at Kougami and Fumi. They were both occupied. So I decided to ask fir permission to pick it up.

"Should I-"

"Please do." Yamato nods in approval.

I pick up hastily answering politely. "Kougami residence."

"Hey Fumiko! Nice answer, you really seem like the wife of Mr. Kougami."

"Um.."

"Oh also I wanted to talk to you guys to ask you questions about newlywed life! I'm going to write a new script so I need to gather some material."

"Er-"

"So what's it like? Are you getting into the role of playing Mrs. Kougami?"

"Mr. Saeki-" I speak trying to slow the man down. His voice was really recognizable he had a flirtatious tone.

"I know that you're love is a lie but that doesn't stop anything from happening ya' know?"

"You're marriage is fake but do you feel anything special about your title?"

"What?" I say unable to process his words.

It's- no, they're a lie?

---------
A/N: FINALS ARE FINALLY OVER! Bless winter break and your patience.
Don't forget to comment and vote :D thanks for reading!