26 - I'm Going

-Next Day-

The cherry blossoms were still in full bloom and the day was pleasantly warm. I embraced the weather while I waited for Yamato.

This morning we had decided not to be awkward. Despite having that embarrassing stuff happen.

Mr.Kougami thinks about me?

I blush at the thought that had been replaying in my head.

I guess that makes me kind of happy...

"Hey." He comes up to me, bag in hand. "What? Got you head in the clouds?" He asks teasingly. "What're you thinking about?"

I blush a bit harder at his question. "N-nothing important..." I can't say I was thinking about you as easily as you did... "I-I was just thinking about Harue's ikebana class."

Now that was something else. During Harue's class, Mr.Utsunomiya was acting a little strange near the beginning. I thought about it a while after, when I got home, but I decided not to make much out of it.

I shouldn't worry about it.

------
Yamato and I converse normally on our way home. Although on other days we were way more chatty. I didn't want to fuck anything up so I stayed quiet about yesterday's events, even though I really wanted to ask about everything.

Kougami and I had a good friendship and I enjoy spending time with him. I don't want to ruin that.

We got home to Fumiko and Harue, whom had gotten out of school early. They sat playing with the arrangement that Harue had made yesterday in class.

"Welcome back!" Harue runs up to us at the entrance.

"Thanks." I smiled down at him and ruffle his long locks of sandy brown hair, which now reached his shoulders almost. The first time I took him for a haircut in November, he told me that he preferred having his hair long, so in the end we just got his bangs trimmed. Now I do it for him since it's just simple trimming.

"So what are you guys up to?" I ask walking over to Fumi.

"I was showing Fumiko Oba my arrangement!" Harue beams excitedly.

"Yeah. It looks like a pro made it." Fumiko giggles. We were going to have dinner together, the four of us. Thy left my apartment after we arrived to come back later in the evening.

It felt like it had been a long time since I had comfortably eaten dinner with them.

With the awkwardness that I felt towards Fumiko before having me on edge, gone, it made enjoying her presence more comfortable, as well as Kougami's.

While cooking, I decided to call up Tracy. This time, on loud speaker so that she could meet Harue.

I wanted to talk to her alone too, but that could wait for after introductions.

"Haru, the person I'm going to call right now is a very good friend of mine. Her name is Tracy."

"Tureishi?" He repeats her name with a heavy Japanese accent.

I smile a little with the intention of laughing but hold myself back. "Yeah."

I dial and wait patiently for Tracy to pick up the phone. The last time we had talked was New Year's Day.

"Hello- holy fuck that's a lot of numbers. Haruna?"

I chuckle at her reaction. "Yes, Tracy it's me."

"Is this a different number?"

"Yeah, I had to change the company recently."

"Alright." I hear a beep on the other side which was probably the sound of her saving the number. "I thought you had forgotten me or something." Tracy's voice sounded a bit sulky.