24 - About You

"So Haruna..." Yamato points at the schedule in my hands. "Are you planning on enrolling Harue in the Ikebana lessons? I couldn't help noticing them yesterday as they sat on the living room table..."

Yeah I can see why you would not not notice them because they literally say it's Utsunomiya and bold and have a shit load of flowers plaguing the edges of the paper. The schedules look like a flyer in America that promote tampons or something (those always have a lot of flowers on them).

"I want to attend ikebana classes!" Harue springs up from where he sat on the couch.

Yamato stared at Harue's reaction. He was already aware of his interests and hobbies but he didn't think that he would actually take classes for it.

"I think you'd be really good at it." Yamato gives him a thumbs up. Harue smiled happily.

Kougami then turns to Fumiko. "Did you guys go to Long Island?" He asks eyeing a slightly buzzed Fumi.

"Y-yeah." She nods. "We were gonna invite you but..."

"Okay, alright. I got you Fumi." He sighs and grabs her arm, dragging her out of the apartment.

"You guys won't stay for dinner today?" I ask Yamato, somewhat hoping he would stay a bit longer. He stops in front of the door without turning back. He slips on his shoes and assists Fumiko with her own.

"Not today. With the way she drank tonight... I doubt she feels hungry."

They exit, leaving the heavy door to slam on its own.
--------
Harue and I walk to school together with Yamato this morning. As usual, we drop off Harue by his school.

As we make our way up the hill that leads up to our school. I decide not to turn to Kougami and converse as usual. Instead, I look over at the row of cherry blossom trees that bloomed next to me. I was pretty obvious and indicated that I didn't really feel like talking. I glanced over at him occasionally, he didn't look too interested in talking either.

The walk dragged on for longer than anticipated.

When we got to our classrooms we just stood still for a second.

"Um..." We both start at the same time.

"Oh- you go ahead." I look back down.

"Oh ok well..." He clears his throat. "I was going to say- see you later..."

"Yeah ok." I nod my head and walk into my classroom quickly without looking beside me.

I quickly shut the sliding door behind me. I think I was thinking about Yamato and Fumiko more than anything.

I mean they like each other, and before it didn't bother me much before but...

A man and a woman living under the same roof.

Can someone expect for something to happen?

I remember seeing them leave my apartment. Fumiko was drunk.

I don't think Yamato would...

The bell rings interrupting my unwanted thinking.
------
Yamato P.O.V.

I was probably really awkward on our way here. Did it really matter though?

What matters anymore?

I am well aware of Fumiko's little secret and crush. She had decided to trust me, and I feel happy to have her tell me about all of this.

One of the reasons I wanted her to become my fake wife is because; one, she has an uncle that is basically forcing her to. Two, she's not attached to anyone or anywhere. Three, I'm 100% guaranteed not to have her fall in love with me or something, since she's lesbian.