"What?"

"Where's the soup and the syringe? You didn't tell me where those were." You said.

"The what?"

"The soup and the syr-"

Han shot up, looking over the army of dumplings you had completed. "Are you fucking serious?"

"Han what are you on about? I just want to inject the soup."

"Inje...inject the soup?"

"....Yes?"

"The soup is right there!" He pointed to the silver bowl next to the big dough container, half filled with a gelatinous substance and a melon baller.

Well shit. "Oh....well why didn't you show me that!"

"What do you mean? It's right. there!"

"But I didn't know what it was until just now." You shrugged.

"So you thought we were just going to put liquid soup into raw dough?"

"First of all, sir, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. You didn't hire me to cook."

"What the hell did I hire you for then?"

"To wait tables and be cute."

Thoroughly done with your shit, Han grabbed one of your hollow dumplings and flattened it, demonstrating how to "inject" the soup. "One scoop." He used the melon baller and set the solidified soup in the dough, then closed it up. "Ooooh. Okay!" You tried to hide your laughter. With a heavy huff he sat back down. "No more video games, you're rotting your brain."

You snorted and picked up one of your many, many, mistakes. "They're good for coordination."

"Coordinate that soup into those dumplings." He hissed. "Okay, damn!" You snickered.

Having finished before you, Han began to steam what he had done, taking yours in batches as you made them correctly. "Three left, Han." You peeked up from your glossy hands to see him watching over what he had steaming. "You can have those." He spoke over his shoulder. "Yeeessss." I'm fucking starving. You quickly and messily folded the rest. Presentation didn't matter if they were just for you. "What the hell are you doing?" Han said, you didn't even hear him walk up. "Getting my dumplings ready?"

"Not like that. Don't do that. I just taught you how to fold them." He shook his finger wildly at the sad looking things. "Haaaan!" You groaned. "They're for me."

"You don't need to make them neat because they're yours?" His eyes narrowed.

"No....? I don't like where this is going."

"You made a hundred just fine, you can't do three more?" He asked, disappointment pouring from his irises. "Why are you grilling me?" You sighed.

"Why don't you show some pride in your work? You did good, keep doing good." Han crossed his arms. Oh. "Do them again."

You looked over your little abstract dumplings. "Hurry up." He pushed, with a puff you picked one up and started to unfold. "Good thing I didn't pinch to hard." You murmured while correcting. "Yes it is." Han picked up another, opening it wide.

The entry bell sounded from the front. "I've got it, you finish in here." Han slid out of the kitchen."Say no more." You sealed off the last one and stood to set your dumplings in a separate basket to cook. Can't wait to eat you.

Han called for you from the front. "Did you order food?" Lmao with what money? "Nope." You answered. "Well you must have." He replied. "But I didn't though." You mumbled walking to the front. 

A delivery boy stood there looking lost and confused. He was holding a decorative, white paper bag by its handles in one hand and a coffee cup in the other. "These must be for you." He held the items out. "Um, thank you?" You took them cautiously, and bowed. He did the same and turned to leave.

"What is it?" Han tried to look in the bag. "I dunno, but it smells good." You set it down pulling out its contents. "Sparkling water... the fancy kind." You set the glass bottle aside and grabbed the boxes that sat in the bottom, a folded piece of paper coming out with them. "Hm?" You went for it as it fluttered down, landing on the counter top. 

"What's in the box!" Han persisted. Frosted flakes, damn. You peeled open the first of two boxes. "A panini." Don't you be a meanie. You grinned, he sucked his teeth. "Dull. What about the other one?" Opening the second box you were greeted with pastries adorned with creams, fruit, and powdered sugar. "They're so pretty!"

"I want that one." Han pointed at the one closest to him. "They're all the same, but go off." You shrugged, watching him snatch up the dessert and run. Now, what is this? You unfolded the paper that came with the order. A handwritten note waiting for you inside.

I can cash your rain checks, right? Thank you for letting me talk you half to death last night...and this morning. I hope you enjoy. 

AM

You bit your lip trying to fight the goofy smile you had spreading. I'll have to call him later.

"Your dumplings are leaking!" Han yelled. "Oh shit!"