you don't do well with compliments, do you?

Tyler's POV

I was very aware all night and constantly woke up to make sure I wasn't making Kylie uncomfortable. She probably got annoyed with my constant stirring which would wake her up and thus cause me to ask, "Are you okay?" and her to reply, "I'm okay." It happened at least three times. 

I woke up the next morning with my arms free of Kylie. In fact, I woke up completely alone in the tent. No Mark, no Josh, and no Kylie. But there was sun shining into the tent to prove that it was the next morning. I yawned and stretched out my body before uncovering myself and standing. After quickly stretching again, I made my way to the exit of the tent. I grabbed the makeshift door to leave at the same moment that Kylie grabbed it to enter. 

"Oh jeez," she startled, "sorry. I was just coming in to check on you."

I chuckled, "Check on me?" 

"Uh, y-yeah, I don't know. We have to leave in an hour." She stuttered out. 

I smiled, "Oh okay, have you guys eaten breakfast yet?" 

She shook her head, "Mark and Josh did about an hour ago. But I wanted to wait for you so you wouldn't be eating alone. Unless you wanted to?" 

I smiled bigger and felt a small blush come to my cheeks so I briefly looked away, "Let's go find something." 

We walked out of the tent together and started walking towards the food trucks. Josh winked at me as we walked past him and I rolled my eyes in response. Kylie and I walked around in silence as we looked for a good, but inexpensive, place to eat. 

"I saw a breakfast burrito option over there," she pointed. I nodded and we walked towards it. It smelled good as we stood at the counter. The cashier greeted us and Kylie stepped forward with a small smile, "Hi can I have a sausage, egg and cheese burrito with no sauce? Please." 

The man nodded and I watched his eyes droop down to Kylie's chest and he smiled wide, "No problem. Anything for you, beautiful." 

Kylie's smile disappeared quicker than it appeared as her head snapped back to the man and she squinted in confusion. Then she scratched her neck, looking over to me. "Anything for you here, Ty?" 

I nodded and stepped closer to order, "I'll take two bacon, egg and cheese burritos. No sauce." 

The man nodded as he wrote my order down, "Got it." 

I got out my wallet to hand him a $10 bill and added, "I'm offended you didn't call me beautiful too, sir." I heard Kylie giggle beside me as the man's face turned bright red out of embarrassment. 

We walked back to the tent as we ate our burritos. We were laughing at the interaction the whole time. 

"I can't believe you, that was amazing. His face was so red!" Kylie laughed out. 

"He definitely was not expecting that," I chuckled before turning my head to look at her. She turned so we made eye contact. "You don't do well with compliments, do you?" I blurted out, immediately regretting it. That sounded so insensitive and it is none of my business. "Jeez sorry, that is none of-" 

She cut me off, "No. It's fine." She shook her head and chuckled a bit. "You're right, I don't." 

I scratched the back of my neck as I swallowed my last bite of burrito, "Can I ask why?" 

She smirked, "You could ask but there is no guarantee I will answer you." 

With a chuckle and a nod I said, "Fair enough."