where'd she come from?

(A/N: This is beginning at the point where twenty one pilots was not signed yet. I'm choosing the main character to look like Vanessa Merrell from the MerrellTwins btw).

Tyler's POV

Josh, Mark, and I were sitting in a random diner in New Kensington, Pennsylvania when it happened. 

We were enjoying a late night dinner around 10pm when it  happened. 

We were taking a break from driving in the van, the three of us super tired. We are almost finished with the small festival 'tour' we were on. Only one more show before we could go back to Columbus and do some more hometown shows. 

We had all been talking and joking since we got here about 25 minutes ago, but now we were eating our dinner that had just been dropped off at our tables. There was only two other people here, in the back. I had just bitten into my burger when a bus stopping could be heard outside the window we were all sitting near. I didn't pay much mind to it but I did look up when a bell rang, proving that someone else just walked into the diner. 

It was a girl.

Josh and Mark nudged each other to look up to where I was already looking. "Where'd she come from?" Josh whispered, only loud enough for our table to hear. 

She was wearing a pair of black leggings, a way too big hoodie, and some sneakers. She was also holding a bag over her shoulder and a suitcase was rolling behind her. 

She looked around with her piercing brown eyes, almost seemingly lost or confused of her surroundings. Her eyes scanned the room as she made her way to the counter where the waitress was. She looked in our direction, making eye contact with me briefly, before I looked away. Josh and Mark immediately stopped staring as well. 

"She's cute," Mark whispered as a joke, I think. I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on my burger. I was successful for a few seconds before the girl started speaking. It was almost like my mind forced me to listen, I needed to know what words she was going to say. I was drawn in. 

"Excuse me?" She said to the waitress, whom whipped around to face the girl. 

"Can I help you, sweetie?" The waitress said, smiling and snapping her gum in the process. 

The girl set her bag down and took a seat at the counter. She looked around the diner again, over her shoulder. But her eyes didn't meet mine this time. 

She spoke up, "Yeah actually. Where am I? Like what town is this?" She asked. I chuckled to myself. How does she not know where she is? 

"Eavesdropper," Josh whispered, smiling because he was doing the same thing. 

"This is New Kensington, about half an hour away from Pittsburgh." 

"Pennsylvania, right?" She asked, opening a menu that was set in front of her. 

"Yes dear." 

"Do you know by chance when the next bus comes?" 

"Not for another two days unfortunately, since today is Saturday." 

The girl sighed, throwing her head back a little bit. 

"Thank you. Is there a motel nearby?" She asked, a tiny bit of hope in her voice. 

"Closest one is about 10 miles away..." The waitress trailed off, seemingly feeling bad for the girl that now seemed to be stranded here at this diner that closes at 11pm. 

"Great." I heard the girl mumble under her breath, before scanning the menu again. "Can I get a small coffee and an order of pancakes please?" 

"Of course dear."