Chapter 18: A Time with Nozel

Hikaru POV 

Later that evening I discussed with Julius what happened in the city and he talked to me about what he saw in the hideout where they took Asta.  He explained that he saw a tablet with stones and it shone in the middle of their base.  

After discussing with Julius, I made sure Lance was safe in his room which is connected to mine and made sure he was asleep.  I slipped out into the night heading towards the Silver Eagles headquarters.  

I sneaked in quietly knowing my presence here is not welcomed at the moment.  I walked the halls trying to find where Nozel might be.  I saw him from a window leaving the training grounds heading to a room.  I concealed my presence and followed him.  He opened the door to what I assume is him room and closed it.  

I walked over to the room and knocked quietly.  I heard him sigh in annoyance and opened the door.  

Nozel POV

I look up at the sky and decide that it's time to head back to my room.  'Fuegoleon'  I think.  'I need to get stronger.'  I walk towards my room and enter closing the door.  Soon as I enter I hear a knock on the door.  'Who comes to my room at this hour.'  I sigh annoyed and open the foor to be faced with her.  My eyes widen at her figure, I remember that I saw her briefly at the ceremony but left quickly to help the kingdom and got caught up with Fuegoleon that my mind completely forgot that she is back.  

"Hikaru..." I whisper out.  Wondering if she really is here or was it my imagination that she was here this whole time during the attack.  She looks at me intently and shows me a warm smile. 

"Nozel... I'm sorry for coming here so late at night.  I just wanted to see you and speak to you...If that's alright with you." she says as she looks at me.  I nod having my calm and straight face.  I move to the side indicating that she can enter.  As she enters I close the door.  

I walk over to a chair and sit down.  She soon follows and sits down in a chair in front of me.  She begins "Hey Nozel...um. It's been a while since I last saw you.  How are you doing?" she asks.  

I nod my head and begin "I'm doing fine." I say bluntly pushing back the thoughts of Fuegoleon.  She nods her head at my answer.  "So is this all you came for?"  I ask.  

She quickly looks up and stares at me and scratches her cheek.  "Nozel, I just wanted to make sure you're all right.  I know it's late but we can catch up another day.  But...."  she stopped her sentence.  I raise my eyebrows at my childhood friend.  She stands up and strides over to me, I watch her intently watching to see what she does.  

She quickly pulls me into a hug.  "Nozel I was really worried about Fuegoleon..."  I stiffen up and I am reminded of that indecent.  My blood boils in anger.  

As if she can tell she tightens her grip around me.  "I know your upset about this.  I am too.  We'll find whoever did this to him."  It was silent for a little bit.  "But Nozel...I was also worried about you as well.  I was afraid that something bad might happen to you as well.  I'm glad that your alright." 

She loosens up the hug and pulls away.  I look at her face and my expression changes softly.  She has tears at the side of her eyes almost threatening to all spill out.  "I wasn't sure what I would do if something happened to my two childhood friends.  I haven't seen you guys in so long and once I came back I find my friend hurt and stuck in bed."  Hikaru sniffles. 

My heart tightens seeing her like this.  All my anger dissipates and I focus on calming her down.  I stand up and walk over to her and pull her in to a hug and rub her back.  

Hikaru POV 

I see sniffle trying to hold back my tears.  I didn't think that I would be crying or turn out this way.  I was going to comfort Nozel but instead it seems I'm the one who is being comforted.  The tears slowly made it's way out of my eyes and onto his shirt.  

The way how Nozel seems so distant hurt me and what happened today seeing Fuegoleon.  My heart hurt and I couldn't see myslef losing them.  "I'm sorry Nozel,  this is very unpleasant for you to see and not a sight to see a royal crying."  I say knowing that Nozel has high standards and expectations of Nobles and Royals.  Even when he was young her was like that.   

He rubbed my back and comforted me until  my tears stopped.  "Hah.  A grown woman crying in front of my childhood friend.  I don't think I could cry in front of any one else except you guys."  I say and look at him gratefully. 

He smiles at me for the first time I got here.  My heart skipped a beat and my face flushed a little bit.  I brushed it off and put my hands on his face, cupping his cheeks.  "Nozel, you've changed a bit since the last time I saw you.  You got taller, stronger, and handsomer."  I poke fun at him a bit.  

I can feel his face get slightly warmer at my comment and slapped my hands away.  I chuckle at his actions.  "I was just worried about you and wanted to make sure your okay and see how your holding."  I say and smile warmly at him.  

He look at me for a while and nods his head.  "I see..."  

"I think I should be going, I'm glad that you're doing fine at the moment Nozel.  If you need anything than please call me.  I'm here for you okay?"  I say and turn around heading towards the door.  

I'm stopped when I feel a hand on my wrist pulling me back, getting enveloped in a hug.  "Hikaru...Thank you, I appreciate that you thought about me.  I missed you over these years."  Nozel says.  

My eyes widen again, surprised at his comment.  I turn my head slightly to see him and hum at his comment.  "Yes Nozel.  I missed you soo much that I'm happy to be here again!"  With that he lets go of me and I grab his squad cape pulling him down a bit and kissing his cheek. 

"Here. That's for comforting me and a way of me saying I'm back."  Leaving him there standing in his room, I leave and close the door saying "Good night Nozel.  I'll see you again."          

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Guys I hoped you liked that.  Hopefully it wasn't too cheesy or cringe worthy.

Thanks for reading!

Miya~