Chapter 13: Welcome back Clover Kingdom

Hikaru POV

We finally reach Clover kingdom and dock.  I grab my bag and hold onto Lance's hand.  As we leave the dock many people glance at us.  Giving looks and whispering.  

Some whispers I heard was "She's pretty is she new here!" "Look she has a little boy!"  "What she looks so young to have a kid!"  "Maybe its her nephew or someone else's kid she is taking care of"  "But doesn't she look somewhat familiar?"  

I feel Lance squeeze my hand as we hear these whispers and feel the looks that they give us.  I whisper to him "It's ok."  and squeeze his hand back.  The whispers increase as my head to the royal capital.  I continue walking holding Lance's hand.  

Soon we reach the royal castle.  Some guards stop us from going further "Stop!  But business do you have here!  You need to be a royal and have proof that you can enter!"  They state.  

I nod my head and pull out my family's royal crest and pull out a letter that Julius sent me, with his signature at the bottom.    Their eyes widen in shock and bow suddenly.  "Please excuse our behavior my lady!"  They say but continue "But that child their does not have permission to enter."  

I look at them and sigh.  My face turns cold and serious "Kind sirs, I would appreciate if you would allow me to continue on.  If you are questioning my guest here than please refrain from doing so.  He is an important member of my family."  I say and they quickly move letting me enter. 

While that happened I felt Lance's grip tighten around my hand and hide behind me a bit.  I glance at him and smile.  "It's fine Lance.  That is what happens around here.  A lot of people may not seem to be as friendly as they are in Heart Kingdom."  He looks back at me and smiles back.  "Hmm" he says and nods his head.  

We continue walking and reach the Magic Kings building.  I lead us through the building and end up standing in front of a familiar office door.  I knock on the door and hear a familiar friendly voice "Come in".   I enter the room and have a gentle smile on my face.  "Magic King I am finally back." I say and bow slightly, having Lance hid behind me.  

I stand back up straight.  Julius stands up from his desk and his eyes slowly widen and sends me a warm smile.  "Yes, it is good to have you back Hikaru.  You have much to tell me on your stay in Heart Kingdom."  I nod my head in response.  He continues "Hikaru my little sister~~ I'm so glad your back!  I missed you!"  His tone and action completely changed from kind serious to doting childish.  I giggle at this action remembering this side of him.  

"Yes brother Julius, I'm back now!"  He hugs me and notices a little figure behind me and raises a brow.  "I didn't know that you brought a little guest with you or to be exact a little boy."  He says.  

I nod and move aside so he can fully see Lance.  "Yes sorry I didn't inform you sooner.  I sent a letter asking permission for me to bring him.  I was planning on leaving him in Heart but somehow he ended up joining me."  He bends down and pets Lance's head.  

"Hi what's your name?"  Julius asks.  "My name is Lance.  What is your name sir?"  Lance replies back.  Julius chuckles.  "Why I am Julius Novachrono, the Magic King of Clover Kingdom."  he says proudly.  

Lance's eyes widen after he heard that.  He looks back at me then to Julius.  He then asks "Mom is this your brother?!  You didn't tell me you were related to the MAGIC KING?!"  he yells.  I flinch at his exclamation and Julius' eyes widen.  

"Yes, Lance this is my brother.  I guess I didn't tell you.  Though I thought I did tell you on the way here.  But don't tell anybody about this kay.  For your safety."  I tell him.  

Now it's Julius' turn to scream and question me.  "YOU HAD A SON AND DIDN'T TELL ME TILL NOW.  YOU DIDN'T EVEN MENTION IT IN ANY LETTERS!!!! I'M AN UNCLE NOW!  WHO'S THE DAD!?" 

I flinch and close my eyes as he shouts and cover Lance's ears with my hands.  "Julius calm down and quiet down!  I swear the whole kingdom can hear you!"  Lance laughs at my statement.  

"Plus one question at a time.  Yes, this is my adoptive son Lance.  I saved him when I was in Heart kingdom and took him in.  And NO, there is no father.  Plus I didn't tell you cause I wanted it to be a surprise."  I tell him.  Julius brightens up and picks up Lance and swings him around.  While Julius and Lance are playing around the door slams open with Marx storming in.  

"Magic King!  What was all that noise and yelling about!!"  Marx exclaims.  He then looks at the Julius who has a kid in his hand and eyes slowly drift onto me.  

"Hikaru!  what are you doing here!"  Marx says.  I wave at him.  "Hi Marx!  It's been a while.  I just came back from Heart Kingdom."  I say.  His eyes then drift over to Julius again  and asks me "Why is Julius holding a child?"  I then say "Hmm.  That's my adoptive son"  His eyes widen "WHAT!!"  I hold my ears.  "Calm down Marx!"  

Later they settle down and now I have Marx watching over Lance in another room.  I sit down in front of Julius' desk waiting to discuss issues with him.  Julius comes and sits down and crosses his hands and puts it infront of him while leaning forward.  I begin "Julius I have much to tell you about my stay in Heart but for now I'll keep it short and the important parts."  "While I was there an attack happened at the borders of Heart Kingdom.  Spade attacked us and a demon cursed a person that resides in Heart Kingdom."  I inform him.  

Julius becomes more serious "I see... They have started to make their move after all this time." 

I nod my head.  "They will be an issue in the near future but right now we should be prepared and train our knights to be ready.  I have fought one of the people from Spade and landed quite some damage to me."  I say and move my shirt up to reveal a gash on the side of my stomach.

Julius' eyes widen at the sight and I pull my shirt down.  "Though I have gotten stronger after that indecent.  But it still stands that we will need to be strong enough to face them."

"I see...Well we have some new promising knights" Julius states.  

I raise my brow at this statement "Oh. Please do elaborate Julius"  I smile excited to hear about the newbies.