🔪 Chapter 33: Tag You're It, Now Let's Play Hide And Seek (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

The punch was really hard and my vision is starting to get blurry. I shake my head and then he stomps on my hand and I groan in pain.

"You think you can get rid of me that easily? The fun is just about to begin, don't ruin it." He said, lifting his foot off my hand.

Then he stomps my feet again and I groan louder.

"Tag you're it." He said, adding more pressure on his foot.

"Steven... stop this," I said through my gritted teeth.

"Lights out." Then he punches me again and again and again and again as I start to lose consciousness.

Aurora's POV

"Heather." I shake her shoulders, trying to wake her up. "Heather, wake up."

I heard groaning sounds coming from her and she was about to open her eyes. "Open your eyes, Heather. It's me, Ro."

"Hmm..." She groaned and she starts to gain consciousness and she rubs the back of her head. "Ouch."

She looks up at me and her eyes widen a bit. "Ro? What happened?"

"There's not much time. We need to get out of here." I said as I help her to stand up.

"Can you stand? Can you walk?" I asked.

"I think so. My head still hurts."

"Let's go and look for Toby. He's in the attic."I said as we carefully went up the stairs.

"Aurora?" A voice softly called out but loud enough for me to hear. The voice is soft and familiar. "Ro?"

It's Eddie.

We continue heading upstairs as soon as we could reach the end of the stairs. I quietly close the door and I call out for Eddie.

"Eddie. We're here."

Light just flashed at us and we winced at the brightness.

"Ro? Heather?" Eddie turned off the flashlight and I could see him walking towards us.

"There you are." He said, hugging us. "Are you guys alright?"

"Not really," I said.

"We don't have much time. Now let's get out of here-" He didn't finish his sentence. But then, I saw blood staining his shirt.

"Eddie?"

He falls down to the floor and we gasp in shock. "Eddie!"

I look up and I saw Steven, holding a knife.

"Hello." He said in a creepy way and Heather and I start to back away.

"Run!" Heather shouted and we started to run away from Steven. We run into the dining room and we quickly hide under the table. Good thing the tablecloth is long enough to cover us.

We try to keep ourselves quiet and we could hear Steven's footsteps. We could see the shadow of his shoes and we listen carefully to where he was going as we slowly try to go to the other end of the table as possible.

We stop for a while and begin to hear his shoes tapping back and forth, which means he's pacing.

Then all of a sudden, we hear his footsteps walking towards the table and smashing his hand on the table.

We cover our mouths, trying not to let out a scream or a gasp. We need something to distract him. I remember Heather's phone in the pocket of my jacket. I pull it out and give it to Heather.

"Throw it to that side and hopefully it will crash into something to distract him," I whispered.

Heather nodded and she throws her phone as it quickly slides out of the table and we wait for it to hit something.

'THUD!'

It made a loud thud sound and we can hear him walking away.

We quietly crawl out of the table and he's gone. We stayed quiet as possible and crawl out of the dining table, trying to look for a way to get up the stairs all the way to the attic as quickly as possible.

"Ro?" Heather whispered. "I can distract him for a while. You go and look for Toby."

"But Heather-"

"No buts. I'll be fine. I'm making it up to you for what I did, even if this risks my life. Now go and hurry." She said before crawling to the other side of the room.

I took a deep breath before exiting the dining area. I always look to my left, right, behind me, and in front of me. I continue to crawl and I felt like I touch something cold.

I look down then I slowly look up and I cover my mouth, trying not to let out a scream.

It was the skeleton from the attic! Did Steven put it down here?

I panicked and I crawl away from it. Then I hear groaning sounds. I look around and I saw... Eddie!

"Eddie," I whispered, crawling towards him. He was bleeding but there's not much blood as I thought there would be.

He let out a groan. "Ro?"

"Let me help you," I whispered.

"No, get out of here as fast as you can. Where's Heather?"

"She went somewhere to buy me some time. Now let me help you up and-"

"Just leave me here. I'll be fine. You need to get help now." He said, trying to sit up.

"I'm not leaving. I still have to look for my brother. I'll call the police as soon as I can find a phone."

Eddie slowly digs into his pocket and pulls out his phone. "Use mine, no password. Now go and look for Toby."

"Thank you, Eddie. Hang in there." I said as I slowly stand up and walk towards the staircase.

But first, I tried to check the front door to see if it was still locked or not. I know Eddie can unlock a door with a pin or something, so I grab the knob and I slowly twist it.

Nothing happened. Which means it's locked. Steven must have locked it again before he started his game.

I turn on Eddie's phone and dial 911 before slowly going up the stairs.

'Come on, pick up. Pick up.'

"911, what's your emergency?"

Oh, thank goodness.

"Hello, my name is Aurora Hills and I need your help as fast as possible please."

I go up to the second floor and I stop in my tracks when I come across something... or more like... someone.

'Oh no.'

__________________________________

Hello there! I hope you enjoy this chapter and sorry for the long wait. Just a few more chapters and "The Stepbrother" story will be finished.

Now the next update will come out as soon as possible since my first day of online classes is fast approaching 🙃 so I want to finish this story as soon as I can.

Anyways, that's all and the new chapter will be coming soon.

Stay safe and remember to wash your hands frequently!

-emopastelgirl^_^

Edited on: 09/21/2021

Updated on: 07/22/2023